• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Segrave/Pegasus Elite Aviation in NC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They offered me a job back in the late summer. I turned it down based on what I had learned from others on this site and around the FBO's. It looks like I made a good choice too, since then, they have produced more turnover's than a bakery. Buyer beware....

Two in One

I've read the past info and it doesn't sound good. I just got an email from them and it looks like the name has changed a little bit. Has there been any changes there?

The way I see it, we have Segrave Aviation and then we have Executive Charters Inc. DBA Pegasus Elite Aviation, working out of the same building with two different operating certificates.
Segrave has it's own airplanes and Pegasus has it's own airplanes, primarily Hawker 1000's for Pegasus.
Segrave does the basic indoc classes, sets up interviews and makes the offers for the job, regardless of which company you happen to be applying with. I believe the reason this operation is set up this way, is because Segrave already had all the infrastructure in place, and the two companies made some kind of agreement (although I don't know that for a fact) to run and dispatch from within the same building using the same people, or some people working for Segrave and some working for Pegasus.
The work schedule seems to be 7 days on 6 days off not including the two travel days, since this is a home based job. Not sure on FO pay, but for starting Hawker 1000 Capt's it is $330 per day with a 16 day guarantee, and $45 a day per diem. Company also has all of the usual benefits including a 401 plan that is not bad considering you are vested after 3 years. Also, expect to sign a one year training contract, which will be prorated after 6 months service.
Hope all of this helps, I know they are looking for pilots for both companies.
Good Luck!!

They offered me a job back in the late summer. I turned it down based on what I had learned from others on this site and around the FBO's. It looks like I made a good choice too, since then, they have produced more turnover's than a bakery. Buyer beware....

Just out of curiosity, what kind of hours did you have when you were offered a job there?

I've sure haven't heard anything good about them. It's a shame because I live in Raleigh and there's not much here. At least not much that I've found.

The Type

Do you have to have a type or will they type you?

They will type you, and that is what the signing of the contract is for--1 year.

Johnt1969, if you live in Raleigh this would be a great job for you, so I would consider it if I were you, since Raleigh does not offer much in the line of job opportunities--I know, I lived there for 17 years before making the break, in order to stay in aviation.

Everyone have a HNY!!

I had a little over 4100 hours I guess at the time that they offered me a job on the 1000. There were a couple of reasons why I did not take the job. Their reputation in the business is pretty bad -even for a Part 135 charter outfit. I thought they were cheap in their per diem (45 per day verses my current 60) and they only paid you 1/2 of your salary during your training (indoc and type) -my bills don't decrease accordingly to 1/2 owed... lastly, they advertised an 8 day on and 5 day off sched but everyone I met was doing 21 days on the road and told me the company would 'forget about you' while you were gone from home for weeks. The home baseing sounds good until you realize that you will actually never see your 'home' on their real schedule. That is why I turned it down.

I am also from NC (the triad) and feel your pain. I have been working for a Charter operator out of S. FL on a Hawker and commuting home on my days off in order to finally 'fly jet' after years and years spent in NC flying props (piston and turbine). The move worked, as I made Captain in about 9 months. However, my dilemma remains, as my family still lives up in NC and that is where my heart is. South Florida has no heart.... but plenty of Jet Jobs...

Good luck to you.

I would agree with StarHustler with most of that. I was flown up to Segrave about 18 months ago about a GIII PIC position. I was original told a base salary of 98K, based at home, company provided travel back home when not flying...

Ended up being a ridiculously low daily rate (when you flew) with a 14 day "guarantee" pay schedule. When I asked what happened to the 98K BASE salary, I was told that is what they would expect you to make if the plane flies as they hope it will! The work "schedule" was explained at the interview as 10 on-10 off and you stayed with the plane where ever it sat for those ten days. Then you find out they are only staffing the plane with three pilots and any fool should know the schedule would never come close to that. I told them no thanks and got back on the Delta flight home (they did pay for that and lunch).

I will say the Chief Pilot I talked with seemed nice and out of place there. I did not get a good feeling about the DO. Ultimately, it seemed they knew their reputation, what they were selling at the interview, and what they would probably end up getting. They seemed to be used to getting a "thanks, but, no thanks" response.

That was Segrave, and by now everybody working there could be different, but who they trying to fool. Pegasus Elite, Executive Charters, Segrave, whatever.... I'll bet they even have different names listed as owners and everything! ;-)

Im kind of tied to where I live now so the fact that they airline you out is appealing. Does a guy with 2500TT and 500ME (pretty much all in Baron) with no turbine or crew time stand a chance to get hired? There is nothing in the Northeast Florida area and I really dont want to go to a regional....

Last edited:
Im kind of tied to where I live now so the fact that they airline you out is appealing. Does a guy with 2500TT and 500ME (pretty much all in Baron) with no turbine or crew time stand a chance to get hired? There is nothing in the Northeast Florida area and I really dont want to go to a regional....

Try for a Hawker 1000 FO position. Doesn't hurt to apply...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back