• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Segrave aviation dba delta private jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
About 2 years ago, the owner of the aircraft we flew (for several years I might add) decided to put his planes on Segrave's Certificate. The whole time we Pilots were assured that we were going with the planes and that we would remain at the same pay level. Well, after we flew the aircraft to ISO and met with JS and his scumbag sidekicks, we asked, "so when do we report to Indoc?" His reply, "we will call you in a few days with a class date". Not only did he never call us, he never returned ANY of OUR calls. And our Weak-Ass owner? Well, he went along with whatever JS told him. So after several years with this owner and these planes, we were 'on the street' with no notice and no compensation. I HATE SEGRAVE!

About 2 years ago, the owner of the aircraft we flew (for several years I might add) decided to put his planes on Segrave's Certificate. The whole time we Pilots were assured that we were going with the planes and that we would remain at the same pay level. Well, after we flew the aircraft to ISO and met with JS and his scumbag sidekicks, we asked, "so when do we report to Indoc?" His reply, "we will call you in a few days with a class date". Not only did he never call us, he never returned ANY of OUR calls. And our Weak-Ass owner? Well, he went along with whatever JS told him. So after several years with this owner and these planes, we were 'on the street' with no notice and no compensation. I HATE SEGRAVE!

what an ***********************************, where is the mob when you really need em.

Is this place any better than flying for a regional?

Only if you consider hotel points and time away from home a plus, DPJ salary for Captains use to be: 60K Beechjet, 65K Lear/Hawker, and 68K Citation X. FO salary 40-45K. Per diem $45 per 24 hours. I was told the pay was just reduced 10%, no more PTO and Hard Day Pay.

Truthfully the only reason more guys haven't left is because of the health insurance. Its pretty bad when your pilot group would rather be unemployed.

Only 4 crew per aircraft so if a pilot gets sick, needs time off, wants to take vacation, has training the remainder of the pilots pick up the slack.

No fatigue program that I am aware of other than filling out an Incident report.

I'm sure a current employee could chime in and provide better details, I would love hear more details about this 55 flight hour a month requirement, sounds like someone should call the FAA on that one.

Here you go. Small cabin took a 9% pay cut. If the plane flys above the 41 'target hours' pic's get 111/hr, sic's 74/hr. At 45 hours, flight time not block, you are back where you were before the pay cut. Four pilots per plane on an 8/6 schedule. Plane must be crewed 24/7. No sick or vacation time. No pay for working your day off to cover a sick call. When you go to recurrent, etc. the other pilot must come out and work for no additional pay. Larger cabins took larger paycuts with a higher 'target hour' to get back to your original pay.
We all hope this system will fail. No one is happy. This new system has killed any QOL we had. Most have irons in the fire elsewhere.
Such a shame what JS has done to good group of people.

Seagrave

Just got a notice from Wyvern Consulting that Seagrave has been removed from the Wyvern Report for failure to complete the required audit.

TransMach

The word needs to be spread that there is no future at Delta Private Jets. Anyone that is considering applying, do yourself and those still stuck at DPJ a favor and look else where. The sooner JS realizes there are no more current and qualified pilots the sooner things may start to improve, actually nothing will improve until JS is kicked to the curb. The atmosphere is toxic and everyone is looking for a new job, moral is at an all time low and pilot pushing has already begun. There are no more sick days or vacation days and you get to go to school on your days off and lets don't forget the training contract that turns into a 4 year debacle, for both recurrent and any initial training. And you get all this for a 10% pay cut.
Its quite sad to see the once proud and respected Delta Air Elite dragged down to the level of Segrave. RUN RUN FAR AWAY

Just got a notice from Wyvern Consulting that Seagrave has been removed from the Wyvern Report for failure to complete the required audit.

TransMach
"Segrave Aviation" or "Delta Private Jets"?

I only ask because I've heard rumors of an "integration" of all aircraf to the DPJ certificate. So this might have just been a "meh" thing rather than an incompetence thing.

Not that I'm counting out incompetence either...

-mini

"Segrave Aviation" or "Delta Private Jets"?

I only ask because I've heard rumors of an "integration" of all aircraf to the DPJ certificate. So this might have just been a "meh" thing rather than an incompetence thing.

Not that I'm counting out incompetence either...

-mini

Mini,

Don't know ... I can only tell you what Wyvern Consulting advises me of as a Wyvern Wingman Recommended Operator and a Wyvern Report customer.

TransMach

All pilots are now going to differences training in CVG for two days. Everyone will be on the DPJ certificate. And you will not be compensated for this event on your days off.

Latest resources

Back