• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

See ya Big Sky

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We'll just have to disagree on that. In my opinion, the system is weighted heavily against anyone that isn't in upper management.I honestly don't know. I'll probably vote in the Dem primary just for an opportunity to vote against Hillary, but I don't know what I'll end up doing in the general election. Depends on who the candidates end up being. I'll never vote for Hillary, however, no matter who the Republican is.

Hillary is no cake walk, but she would be the lesser of two evils compared to some of the GOP guys and their crazed mentalities

Hey,
I know Colgan isn't the best place in the world to fly airplanes, but it's not the worst...Maybe top of the bottom?
Point is this. All those brother and sister Beech 1900 drivers should get in touch with Colgan Air ASAP if you are looking for a job. Pretty good chance that you could get a street Captain SAAB seat, BE-1900 Captain or F/O in either. Possibly even the latest and greatest "Q". Drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do for y'all. Sorry this happened right at the holidays.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Originally Posted by Ridgeback
As soon as Mair bought BigSky Mesaba Alpa went to the BigSky Pilots ASAP. The Mesaba Alpa reps went there to get them in alpa and on our list. The BigSky pilots told our guys to SHOVE IT. Just think if only the BigSky pilot would have listened to us and come on board you would all have a nice new CRJ 900 to fly as a captain at year three pay around $66.00 per hour.

We already had a union, the UTU. We had asked to join ALPA several years earlier and ALPA told us to BLOW OFF. They didn't tell you that did they? Typical ALPA shortsightedness. If the Big Sky pilots had joined ALPA back then they would have been on the street a lot sooner.

Why would they have been on the street sooner?

Unfortunately, Deadalus is correct about representation. ALPA did screw up bringing in Big Sky (that was about 10 years ago). Its one of those things you learn from, as ALPA did (ask the national officers).

But I don't see the point in continuing the hatred or resentment. When MAIR purchased Big Sky as a "growth vehicle" from the coffers of Mesaba, ALPA had to act. Attempts were made for some COOPERATIVE actions, but they failed. But ALPA wasn't trying to remove the UTU, prior to some public opinion. The unfortunate result years later is the failure (primarily by management) of Big Sky. In the end, it is bad for the employees, but probably good for the industry.

Best of luck to all Big Sky pilots, and may they all find rapid employment before the transfer of flying to Lakes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back