• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

See ya Big Sky

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You and I are both included in the "little people" category as far as management and the anti-labor politicians are concerned.

If you feel like "little people", have at it... don't include me in your pity fest..... things are good.....
As far as "anti-labor politicians", I don't care.... I just wish they would let me keep more of the money I earn.... The irony is the "pro-labor" politicians want to take even more of my money.....

PCL_128 said:
What "class" you fit in has nothing to do with this debate. The fact that you are part of labor rather than management is what this is about. Under the current system, things are weighted against labor and in favor of management. And for the record, I favor a flat tax, so I have no desire to raise your taxes.

"Organized labor" has as much to do with the "current system" being "weighted against" us as managment..... The fact is, management is better organized than our side..... That's our fault, not managements..... There responsibility is to the shareholder, not to me or you...... Actually as a large Skywest shareholder, I want managment to do what is best for the company.....It has paid of nicely for me this year.....

PCL_128 said:
Who are you referring to when you say "ALPA management?" Were you "management" when you held the ST position? Was I "management" when I held the ST or VC positions? What do you define as "management" within ALPA? As far as I'm concerned, even that POS Prater isn't "management." He's just a fellow pilot that was elected to do the work of the Association. As far as his compensation, if you don't like it, then you have the ability to change it within the system.

I am talking about the President of ALPA..... we have been over this before..... It is no different than any other "executive compensation"..... It is hypocritical to criticize it with airline management, then to turn around and engage in it yourself.... That is exactly what ALPA has done...

We're wasting our time here with this debate. If you choose to engage in fantasies of a fair system, then be my guest, but I recognize the system for what it is: a management's wet dream that enabled them to sh-- on us at any given opportunity.

We're wasting our time here with this debate. If you choose to engage in fantasies of a fair system, then be my guest, but I recognize the system for what it is: a management's wet dream that enabled them to sh-- on us at any given opportunity.

I'm sorry you are covered in $h!t...... I'm not.... But then again I didn't go to work for Gulfstream, paying to sit in the cockpit..... I'm sure that was rough on you.... I didn't realize that a gun was being held to your head.....

By the way it is YOU that is "engaging in fantasies of a fair system".... You want one..... I guess nobody told you that life isn't always fair.....

The current system has been good to me and I shutter to think what may happen if the "class warfare" crowd gets into office.....

I believe their version of "fair" is to lower the top down to the lower level......

If you think that you're at the "top," then you're engaging in even crazier fantasies than I thought. But I'll give you the last word, because I've gotta go to work.

If you think that you're at the "top," then you're engaging in even crazier fantasies than I thought. But I'll give you the last word, because I've gotta go to work.

I'm in the top 7%..... and I work less than most of the rest of the top 7%.... For that reason, there is a target on my back by the "fair" crowd..... which you seem to be part of now.... That scares me....

Doing naps/high speeds are we?.....

Exactly !and that is why it is good that the plan of buying a alter-ego carrier did not work in the end....like I said I am happy this is in Foleys face...but the Mesaba pilots had to negotiate less wages to PROTECT THEIR JOBS!. And yes Foley was gloating that he had the cheapest pilot contract out there at the time. I hope all of you get hired by a better company!...it does suck but we have to put a end to buying alter-ego companies to whipsaw ones in negotiations....PERIOD.

With Big Sky one year now. We we're given the opportunity to impose a "B" scale on those who would come after us, in order to PROTECT OUR JOBS, and we told 'em to blow it out their arses.....

I've just lost my job at Christmas, and I still would not go back and change my vote! (didn't actually come to a vote, because it was obvious that it would fail.)

And by the way, the new contract offered was better than the existing one, which was already decent......a long way from the "cheapest contract" you mentioned.

With Big Sky one year now. We we're given the opportunity to impose a "B" scale on those who would come after us, in order to PROTECT OUR JOBS, and we told 'em to blow it out their arses.....

I've just lost my job at Christmas, and I still would not go back and change my vote! (didn't actually come to a vote, because it was obvious that it would fail.)

And by the way, the new contract offered was better than the existing one, which was already decent......a long way from the "cheapest contract" you mentioned.

As a reward for you saying no to the B scale and holding the line, the Mesaba MEC should do everything in it's power to make sure you get jobs at Mesaba..... Let's see how much "brotherhood" there is.....

It's sad to see anyone lose their job.... especially at Christmas time.... good luck to you and here's to hoping the Mesaba MEC does something for you guys.....

You Big Sky guys have nothing to worry about. One day you'll get fired from GQ, and the next you'll be flying for ZK, if you want to. GLA has already been awarded all the MT EAS flying (at GLA's bid rates), and has the cash on hand to purchase the 7 (8?) 1900s outright. GLA has no pilots, so you are guaranteed a job. Only problem is that it'll be at a 10-15% paycut. However, you will quickly be placed on the GLA "A" scale, with guarantee and single-occupancy hotel during training in CYS, as well as 2nd CA pay. Just be sure to promptly fill out the IBT paperwork, lest you risk the "Scab" label from the other "B" scale GLA natives.

For those of you who doubt me, just ask about the Regions guys that GLA hired.

And for those that still doubt, see:
http://www.regionalaviationpartners.org/Home/pdf/12.21.07EAS_MT_newcarrier.pdf

Good luck to all those affected, and Merry Christmas.

the Mesaba MEC should do everything in it's power to make sure you get jobs at Mesaba..... Let's see how much "brotherhood" there is.....

It's sad to see anyone lose their job.... especially at Christmas time.... good luck to you and here's to hoping the Mesaba MEC does something for you guys.....

As soon as Mair bought BigSky Mesaba Alpa went to the BigSky Pilots ASAP. The Mesaba Alpa reps went there to get them in alpa and on our list. The BigSky pilots told our guys to SHOVE IT. Just think if only the BigSky pilot would have listened to us and come on board you would all have a nice new CRJ 900 to fly as a captain at year three pay around $66.00 per hour.

Let this be a lesson to everyone THE WAY TO STOP CRAP LIKE THIS IS TO GET TO ONE LIST.

. I believe their version of "fair" is to lower the top down to the lower level......

With all due respect...being in the top 7% isn't that great. We are the middle class these days if you want to own a home and pay for your kids college. And we're still being taxed beyond comprehension with the Republicans in office even though they controlled congress before this last election!

Regardless of which party you support understand this... half of the senate are millionaires. Democrats and Republicans. MILLIONAIRES!

Again, regardless of how you vote, do you really think they have your 100K -150K salary in mind when they make policies? Probably not.

You asked before 'who are you voting for?' my question is does it matter?

Latest resources

Back