• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sedona Airport is under attack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just curious, since the airport was there before the neighborhoods were... did she not notice it when she was shopping for her house?

Like these idiots who buys a home 10 blocks off the departure end of 13R at JFK then flings a fit wanting city council to close the runway...

I think airports attract houses. Back in the '70s, we flew an airway over the Greater Southwest VOR and looked down at bulldozers constructing runways for a new airport --- DFW. Not so much as a cow for miles around, but that soon changed. Even the remote DIA airport has started to get noise complaints. :rolleyes:

I think airports attract houses. Back in the '70s, we flew an airway over the Greater Southwest VOR and looked down at bulldozers constructing runways for a new airport --- DFW. Not so much as a cow for miles around, but that soon changed. Even the remote DIA airport has started to get noise complaints. :rolleyes:

Yup, if they built a full service airport on the moon, the day after it opened there would be 6 subdivisions and 14 apartment complexes within a mile of the place.

Followed by everyone howling mad over the noise.

I bet she is a big proponent of GA user fees. Lol. :puke:

SEZ is a real "cool" airport and all, but take away the one way in/one way out wx conditions, and operations there can get real dicey. Considering the limited traffic, the accident/incident rate is no doubt higher than most airports in the USA. Cottonwood is less than 20 miles away and is far more suitable.

It wouldn't break my heart to see certain operations, like jet traffic, be restricted. Even pilots intimately familiar with the airport have had challenges there. Unfamiliar pilots face even more. Keep in mind, I fall into "old", not "bold" category at this point. Closing it is a bit extreme though.

Was just in there yesterday and there was a QS Citation X on the ramp. Bet you could hear the pilots' brass balls clanging as they walked!

5100ft rwy at 480MSL?! It'd be fun in the right plane. How far off the handle do you think she would fly if a old 3 hole Falcon came roaring down the valley? Ha. I bet the old mans pulse went up because of her bitching about airplanes. Grandpa needs to check his woman. J/K, as it was said before, who was there first? The town wouldnt be as well known or popular if it werent for the airport, price of progress.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back