• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scumbag cargo company Hall of Shame

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't worry about Ameristar sueing anyone since TW's brother got disbarred last year. Windsor how can you start a post about how bad a place is and then accept an upgrade for this month and sign another 18month DEATH CERTIFICATE? I can't believe this place is finding pilots after all the posts on this board and losing almost 40 pilots in the last year.

So what did Teddy Wachendorfer do in order to get disbarred?

Air Cargo Express was always good for cheating death and dodging feds! Glad I got out of there when I did. Did someone mention Key Lime?

Fly Safe!

Quote - "I believe the pilots at AMF tried to start a union a couple years ago, but it didn't work out. Personally I don't see it being all that effective where folks generally don't stay past a year or two."

Oh, let me guess.....the company made threats and everyone gave up????? Come on man, that's weak.

Anyone serious about decent working conditions at their company should contact either the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) or Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA). When "UNION AUTHORIZATION CARDS" are signed by a majority of eligible employees, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) will oversee an election.

The cards are secret and the vote is secret.

Now you know. There's no excuse for accepting $hitty working conditions without doing something about it. Good luck.

Nope, they were out of CLT. Miami Valley Aviation was out of Middletowne, OH...Half way between DAY and CVG.

Nope, they were out of CLT. Miami Valley Aviation was out of Middletowne, OH...Half way between DAY and CVG.

Ah now it's coming back to me.... been away from the boxes too long! Thanks!

Saber was out of CLT. They had all kinds of interesting people from illegal aliens to convicted felons working for them.
And even one ex professional wrestler.

RP:

not sure what you mean by "the ups pilots seem to be the only ones taken care of by ups"

really don't know how to respond.

My comments are nothing against UPS pilots, I hope to meet some and have them be my best friends when I have the time to apply.

UPS pilots are one of the few in the industry that have not taken a huge layoff, lost their retirements, or have had their pay drubbed down during contract negotiations. UPS is on a short list of dream jobs when it comes to aviation at least at this time. I am sure this has not been easy when it comes to contract negotiations as UPS bargains hard at the negotiation tables. The last thing on my mind during negotiations would be another driver to show up each morning so the subcontractor doesn't have to touch the boxes.

As far as driver satisfaction after 12 months of working with them here are my observations:

I would say the satisfaction ratio of the drivers is less than 50%, at least as far as the ones who have to come out to the airport early or late to meet the pilots. Granted many of these are the new guys without enough seniority to get out of this assignment. It sucks to be the FNG no matter where you are, especially in aviation, so I take what they say with a grain of salt.

The complaints I have heard from the Senior drivers are generally long hours and increased pressures and decreasing benefits.

Whenever someone calls in sick or is given vacation, the rest of the drivers are expected to split up the routes, creating forced overtime. One driver a month or so ago, was supposed to have a meeting for the coaching he does that evening, but had to cancel because someone was on vacation and he had to cover part of the route, he was told that morning he had to stay late. I heard his long list of gripes while we unloaded that day.

The max weights have risen over the years from 50 to 70 to 150 lbs. Besides the potential risk of injury moving a 100+lb box solo, it is hard to manage the same # of units when some of them take many minutes to offload. I believe bonuses or overtime is awarded based on units delivered.

I am not sure of what causes this but I have heard many drivers claim to have to work through lunch to get the job done in time.

Since we generally deliver to remote or smaller towns medical treatment may be limited. On my current run to a resort town with resort prices many of the health car providers will not accept certain PPOs or insurance providers. One of the local FAA medical examiners does not take insurance and wanted to charge $180. The nearest larger medical facility is 2 hours away. Great health benefits 2 hours away is not a great asset, unless you can get an entire day off when you need to visit.

Latest resources

Back