• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scumbag cargo company Hall of Shame

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ameristar should be at the top of that list...... I feel bad for any young kid who goes there thinking he is doing something good.....

Heard one of the new hires turned down Flex to take the job at Ameristar......DOH!!!!!!!!

How about AirNow. They've crashed a few in the last 5 years and forced a pilot to fly a Bandit with a broken AI.

i would throw empire into the hat as a company pilots should stay away from.

Turnover at USA is running about double of what it was a year ago, but well below what it was in 1999-2001. It is expected, we are a stop in a career path. A place to pay your dues. Average pilot has been here for almost six years. It is manageable turnover; we have no training contract and are filling our classes. Everyone has left for what could be described as a better job, although is it a much lower pay to start.

Hmmmm......in one post you advocate leaving if you're treated like 'crap' and in this one you kind of hint around that you should put up with it so as not to take a pay cut. Which one is it ?? And by the way, how much is your attrition running you per year in training costs?? Seems to me that with a fleet of DA20's and DC9's that can't be cheap and you would want to keep those as low as possible. You try to justify this by saying that your company is just a stop along the way in a pilots career path. Maybe so. But the same could be said about Fed Ex when they were operating Falcon freighters years ago just like you are today. Difference is Ol'Fred Smith decided to make his company a place where a pilot would want to hang his hat. What about you? What do you want to make out of your company?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Now wait a minute. I think nominations should be justified with some specifics such as, but no limited to:

1. Crewmember attrition
2. Quality of training
3. Scheduling
4. Maintenance, quality of aircraft, cleanliness
5. Pay problems (slow pay, no pay, etc)
6. Trustworthiness and ethics of company leadership and supervisors, response of DO to operational problems, recognition of Captain's authority, etc.
7. General quality of crew force (alcoholics, marginal pilots, willingness of chief pilot/DO to enforce standards, etc)
8. Commuting (quantity/quality of jumpseat agreements, etc)
9. Dispatch/Flight Following competence and support
10. General morale among crew force
11. Quality of ACMI contracts (if applicable)

I'm sure you can think of many more criteria.

Latest resources

Back