• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Screwed By Airline Training Academy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's make sure we have the facts, and then we can each go to our respective pilot groups and do a grass-roots jumpseat ban.

If this is true, these guys should be treated like Lorenzo would.

Can someone verify the info, including name and description, then we can get the word out. I'm furloughed, but I still talk to some of our pilots, as well as my former company. Word gets around fast in this business.

Also, someone should follow up and see where they start spending money.

The guy who did this is a disgrace to the profession and is DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE A PILOT. Anyone who lets him jumpseat knowingly better allow freedon jumpseaters too.

He makes scabs look good.

not just one

this is not just one guy this is a whole family

jim williams chairman of ata part owner (dad)
scott williams vp of operations, g.m., part owner (son)
robert williams vp of flight ops., part owner also airline pilot (son)
jeff williams pres.of ata part owner (son)
melissa williams cfo.,treasurer part owner
christine williams vp of student services part owner

It's a long shot but if it's willful fraud maybe someone could get the FAA to look at yanking that ATA pilot's ATP certificate. See FAR 61.153(c) - ATP must be of good moral character.
Don't ask me the details but I know of a DC-3 captain that had his ATP certificate suspended for mooning a group of CAP cadets while taxiing. They busted him for not having good moral character believe it or not. If someone can their ticket suspended for a mooning certainly someone that extorts money from students could have their ticket yanked for a while.
Whoever this character is if the allegations are true I hope he rots in hell.

ATA Student List yahoo group

Hey guys, I've started a yahoo group to keep us all together on the SAME message board with a database we can all add our names and contact info to. That way we can keep track, make sure we all the the necessary information as quickly as possible, and any lawyers that do get involved, state or private, have a way to contact us. I don't want anyone falling through the cracks. If we have any chance at getting anything, it's got to be together. Pass the word along on any other internet message boards you know of and of course to all the students you know. Good Luck, hope this helps in some small way.

[email protected]

Sure would be nice to see the FAA to take action! LOL about that DC-3 Capt, was that in Alaska? Did he ever get his certificate back?

ATA

I've already posted these ideas on another ATA thread, so forgive me for being redundant. I just want all to see.

Chunk is correct. I'm not a lawyer, but it sure sounds that what this guy has pulled satisfies all the elements of fraud. Victims need to speak with a lawyer, and soon. Also, the local district attorney and U.S. Attorney. The U.S. Attorney might be interested because the man and his establishment were governed by federal regulations. I don't know if the place was a 141 school, but even if it wasn't it still had to observe the FARs for maintenance and pilot training. Also other federal laws if it had any dealings at all with federal student loans! Maybe interstate commerce provisions as well.

Hope these ideas help. Good luck to all.

Part 61

As of about june/july 2000 it was no longer a 141 school.

AT

just started

As of about a month they just took there first 141 student, and they were waiting on more instructors to take more students for 141

someone started a web site to assist the people ripped off by ATA. Check out www.screwedbyata.org

Besides getting these guys their money back, there needs to be some kind of legislation to prevent these flight schools from taking large amount of money up front unless they post some kind of bond. This hurts aviation, hurts the economy, as well as can devastate the students that lost so much money.

Latest resources

Back