Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bouyer

Screwed By Ata

THE OWNERS OF AIRLINE TRAINING ACADEMY IN ORLANDO STOLE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FROM THEIR STUDENTS .OWNER JIM WILLIAMS AND SONS CLOSED THE DOORS THIS MORNING

THEY DIDNT TELL ANYONE THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN
ONE STUDENT GAVE THEM 50+ THOUSAND DOLLARS JUST HOURS BEFORE SHUTTING THE DOORS

IF ANYBODY CAN HELP OUT WITH ANY INFO ON WHAT I SHOULD DO PLEASE HELP ME IM IN DIRE STRAITS

THANKS
ONE SCREWED
ATA STUDENT

Feel very sorry for you. I hope you get some help quickly - sounds like fraud to me (I am not a lawyer). You might want to change the title of this posting, though - ATA is also the name of a major airline - American Trans Air...

Good luck - sounds like an awful situation...

Was this the outfit that you paid $50,000 to fly around FL, then got a job with a Regional airline?

Wow!

Those students better get a LAWYER AND FAST!!!!
Hope you guys all the best!

IF you used a credit card, contact your credit card company as soon as possible!!!!!!

Get all of the students together, or at least as many as possible and use one lawyer.

Would not be too surprised if a law firm will contact you, they always keep their eyes & ears open for this kind of stuff.

GOOD LUCK, low class SOB's for shutting the doors like that!

What a bunch of SCUMBAGS!!!

This happened years ago at a place called "Airline Standards" down in Punta Gorda Fl (Around 1991 I think)

Nobody got their money back!! The local Sheriff got involoved but could do nothing since an "attempt" was made to provide instruction (one hour in a C-152 was all that was needed to make it "legal")

I would RECOMMEND that you students CONFISCATE an ARIPLANE..put chains around the prop or something.

Sorry to hear about his...GOOD luck!

UAL A320 F/O

If the students did take an airplane, what would be the results to this action?

The students probably would end up being the ones who are wrong, go figure..............?

I heard on another bulletin board...

that this ATA school disconnected the starters of their aircraft and placed some trucks on the exit from the schools ramp, to prevent aircraft from being removed.

It is subject matter for another area of this board, but I understand how these guys could be ticked off. Maybe some airline pilot that reads this board, has kids that are either about to go to that school or are in that school or maybe knows someone in that position.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back