• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Screw TSA This Sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just comply, and waste as much time at the checkpoint as possible. Don't take anything off. Fumble with your cellphone. Make them search you and wand you. The more we jam up the checkpoints, the faster this stupid rule will be changed!

It's time we pilots grow a set, and practice a little CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE at the checkpoint!!!!
GREAT IDEA

At ASA all employees (including pilots) ride the bus from employee parking to the concourse, bypassing security. They then work the gates, ramp, mtc, fly the planes, etc. So, are we (pilots) supposed to go thru security at Hartsfeild-Jackson before reporting for duty? Should be fun to find the longest line. :)

Hoser

so does this mean we need a boarding pass to make it through the security checkpoint when we get to the airport initially to commute to work??

happened to me yesterday. Coming out of Pensacola to Denver through Atlanta, went through security at PNS, no stamp because they weren't doing it yet, and sent out to the terminal in ATL to get a new boarding pass and a stamp before continuing. The AirTran guy in front of me was going off on the poor agent, just got off a trip and trying to jumpseat home, now he has to go out to the check-in counter and wade through the mass of humanity to get through security. The usual fire/aim mentality of TSA, but let's face it, they could care less about commuting crew members.

Actually, it was YOUR airline... QX. I worked there almost 5 years...

and yes, i was after 9/11 that this guy got fired.

And yes, I do spend alot of time in airports, almost every four days...

I seriously doubt the veracity of your story. I'm accustomed to dispatchers living in a vivid fantasy world, though, so it's not entirely your fault.

Just comply, and waste as much time at the checkpoint as possible. Don't take anything off. Fumble with your cellphone. Make them search you and wand you. The more we jam up the checkpoints, the faster this stupid rule will be changed!

It's time we pilots grow a set, and practice a little CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE at the checkpoint!!!!
AMEN BROTHA. Those TSA jerk offs will know that I will not answer any questions. I go through security, when they say hello, I don't answer. I think they are testing for alcohol. I will go through and make them wand me every single time and make them delay a flight. Every time, I will write them up with names and badge numbers. It will come to an end.

AMEN BROTHA. Those TSA jerk offs will know that I will not answer any questions. I go through security, when they say hello, I don't answer. I think they are testing for alcohol. I will go through and make them wand me every single time and make them delay a flight. Every time, I will write them up with names and badge numbers. It will come to an end.

So your going to write them up with names and badge number for what? Doing their jobs? Ya its a stupid rule but what are you going to accomplish?

I think his point was more along the lines of:

Airlines do not care at all if this sucks for crews. However, if TSA procedures lead to actuall flight delays (or flight cx when a required crewmember misses a DH), and if the crewmembers effected can (unemotionally) document these delays, then airlines will start to care and apply pressure to remedy the situation.

Airlines don't give a flying rats @ss how much this sucks until it starts to cost them money.

Latest resources

Back