• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Screw TSA This Sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Read the memo and company letter before you guys form an opinion.

As long as you have been through security at some point in your trip, you are not required to go back through when commuting home as long as you've stayed in the secure area. You, and only you, are the only one that can verify this. So basically, it's an honor system rule.

The TSA should have just came out and said "no smuggling illegal items through security" and it would be just as effective as this honor system security screening act. That is until they start giving you security-screened receipts after you pass through.

Read the memo and company letter before you guys form an opinion.

As long as you have been through security at some point in your trip, you are not required to go back through when commuting home as long as you've stayed in the secure area. You, and only you, are the only one that can verify this. So basically, it's an honor system rule.

The TSA should have just came out and said "no smuggling illegal items through security" and it would be just as effective as this honor system security screening act. That is until they start giving you security-screened receipts after you pass through.

That is not the case with my airline. We are being told that your boarding pass to commute home will need a stamp from security. If you finish a trip and run to the next gate to jumpseat home you will need a stamped boarding pass to board the flight. Pretty much the most assinine thing I have ever heard, but this is the info we have received.

THIS is going to get GOOD.........

Hopefully it will shed some light on the "logic" of the TSA.

Wow, you ASA guys really are getting mad with this one- The other airline that I worked at, we had to do this BEFORE 9/11, and if you were caught NOT going thru security, you were fired, no questions asked. It happened to a buddy of mine- a guy that was a GREAT employee, but was running late one day. The TSA found about it, they dumped the airplane when it got to it's destination. My buddy was fired on the spot, and had to buy a ticket home.

Get with the program nancy boys, quit getting your panties in a bunch over such a trivial step.

You can still use the crew line at the checkpoint.
Um, did anyone else catch this? TSA did not exist prior to Sep 11th.
You made this whole story up!

DAL has stopped overriding the SSSSS's on boarding passes for tickets purchased for deadhead travel of uniformed crewmembers that are not DAL employees...

I guess there are other airlines to travel on! Bye bye, guess you don't need my revenue!

So, does this mean no more using the cheese graters in ATL if you don't take the bus?

Hey I have a good idea!!! Why doesn't TSA set up a booth in all employee lots and screen every employee before they get inside their own vehicle just to make sure there is no threat!!! Heck... I'd even strip to my boxers for that comfort!!! :)

What a joke...

Fly safe!

Actually, it was YOUR airline... QX. I worked there almost 5 years...

and yes, i was after 9/11 that this guy got fired.

And yes, I do spend alot of time in airports, almost every four days...

You spend a lot of time going through airports, dispatcher?

Did that buddy of your have any protection from management, like say a union?

You are aware, I hope, that not all airports have crew lines.

Seems to me if we were screened enough to make it onto a flightdeck and operate flights all day, we've been proven to NOT be terrorist threat and maybe ought to be given a "pass" on screening for the day.

Sheesh.

Latest resources

Back