Screw TSA This Sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flylowman

Any and all ASA employees or authorized representatives who plan to travel as a passenger on board any aircraft must undergo screening of their person and accessible property, (e.g., purse, luggage, etc.), intended to be carried onboard the aircraft at the screening checkpoint. This includes those crewmembers that are deadheading or jumpseating. Crewmembers that are performing an operational function on the aircraft they are ying on are not subject to this requirement (i.e., Captain, First Ofcer, Flight Attendant or Line Check Airmen). In addition, ASA employees or authorized representatives are subject to additional screening that may occur at the boarding gate. Federal Flight Deck Ofcers that are carrying or transporting their weapon are not subject to additional gate screening. If requested, ASA must permit TSA to conduct a “isual”inspection of the aircraft prior to passenger boarding. This inspection may not delay the boarding process or causeany operational irregularity. Once TSA begins the inspection process we must not allow passenger boarding to begin until directed to do so by the TSA.​

Any and all ASA employees or authorized representatives who plan to travel as a passenger on board any aircraft must undergo screening of their person and accessible property, (e.g., purse, luggage, etc.), intended to be carried onboard the aircraft at the screening checkpoint. This includes those crewmembers that are deadheading or jumpseating. Crewmembers that are performing an operational function on the aircraft they are ?ying on are not subject to this requirement (i.e., Captain, First Of?cer, Flight Attendant or Line Check Airmen). In addition, ASA employees or authorized representatives are subject to additional screening that may occur at the boarding gate. Federal Flight Deck Of?cers that are carrying or transporting their weapon are not subject to additional gate screening. If requested, ASA must permit TSA to conduct a “isual”inspection of the aircraft prior to passenger boarding. This inspection may not delay the boarding process or causeany operational irregularity. Once TSA begins the inspection process we must not allow passenger boarding to begin until directed to do so by the TSA.​

Another very large discussion of this already in progress...

Just comply, and waste as much time at the checkpoint as possible. Don't take anything off. Fumble with your cellphone. Make them search you and wand you. The more we jam up the checkpoints, the faster this stupid rule will be changed!

It's time we pilots grow a set, and practice a little CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE at the checkpoint!!!!

If they want to search me it will also be in a private area!

701EV

Wow, you ASA guys really are getting mad with this one- The other airline that I worked at, we had to do this BEFORE 9/11, and if you were caught NOT going thru security, you were fired, no questions asked. It happened to a buddy of mine- a guy that was a GREAT employee, but was running late one day. The TSA found about it, they dumped the airplane when it got to it's destination. My buddy was fired on the spot, and had to buy a ticket home.

Get with the program nancy boys, quit getting your panties in a bunch over such a trivial step.

You can still use the crew line at the checkpoint.

I guess my 45 minute turns to do a deadhead are a no-go.

Wow, you ASA guys really are getting mad with this one- The other airline that I worked at, we had to do this BEFORE 9/11, and if you were caught NOT going thru security, you were fired, no questions asked. It happened to a buddy of mine- a guy that was a GREAT employee, but was running late one day. The TSA found about it, they dumped the airplane when it got to it's destination. My buddy was fired on the spot, and had to buy a ticket home.

Get with the program nancy boys, quit getting your panties in a bunch over such a trivial step.

I call BS on this. TSA did not exist prior to 9/11.

You spend a lot of time going through airports, dispatcher?

Did that buddy of your have any protection from management, like say a union?

You are aware, I hope, that not all airports have crew lines.

Seems to me if we were screened enough to make it onto a flightdeck and operate flights all day, we've been proven to NOT be terrorist threat and maybe ought to be given a "pass" on screening for the day.

Sheesh.

Well, does this mean when I get back to ATL after a trip I have to go through security before I board two gates over to go back home?

We go from a secure area to a secure area?

What a bunch of BULLSHEET!

Latest resources

Back