• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SCOPE at DELTA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dead subject... RP/S5 is delaying weight increase.

Not a dead subject if the aircraft have already been certified. Perhaps we need to fire up the training department for EMB175s

Even if they rescind the weight increase, any aircraft already modified are in violation even if they do not fly over 86K. The contract is based on certificated weight. If these aircraft have been modified they must be de-certified or not be flown on a DCI certificate. Period.

Even if they rescind the weight increase, any aircraft already modified are in violation even if they do not fly over 86K. The contract is based on certificated weight. If these aircraft have been modified they must be de-certified or not be flown on a DCI certificate. Period.

Or on our certificate--as in Delta's

Heyas,

Assuming this thing is settled, how much to you want to bet that this thing is swept under the rug as a "communications foul-up"?

Yea, foul-up all right...like someone spilled the beans before they were supposed to, and we found out about it.

Agree with F4H. If one of those modded aircraft flys a DL code, grievance time.

Nu

Even though Northwest does not require a bachelor's degree, I do not know any pilots hired in the last hiring wave without one. I do know a few pilots at Compass without one. There are some extremely qualified Compass pilots, but there were also a couple hired with around 700 hours of total flight time. The hiring standards were not the same. The interview process at NWA was also a lot more selective. Compass struggled to fill classes at one point. That being said, I have no problem putting every single Compass pilot on our list, but I want all the Republic 175's also. It is not possible to take on their pilots. I have no problem doing this. A few years ago, Republic took Mid-Atlantic's airplanes without the pilots. We need all 175's at mainline. After that happens, we need to bring the 175 pay rates up to mirror the DC-9's. None of this will ever happen. In a few years, the smallest aircraft left at mainline will be the 757.

If I remember right, the low time Compass pilot had 996 hours; 7 total got hired with less than ATP mins.

The weight mod puts a new Weight placard over the pilot jumpseat. Feel free to check if you ride on one. It'll be on your left at eye level behind the captains head.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back