Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Extra 300s? Supercubs on Floats?

*Sigh*

I went to ERAU, got an aeroscience degree and wouldn't change it for anything. Even in interviews 13 years later I still used knowledge I learned there.

As part of my degree I took a 727 flight engineer course. It became very useful for my 737 and 744 types. My advanced automatic systems, aerodynamics, and global nav courses still hold alot of value today.

I flew on campus and don't have any other reference. Although expensive I thought the quality of the flight training truly helped me get through Navy flight school in the top 10%

To each his own, but by sticking with aviation as a degree I think it truly helped me succeed in a time when many others have not.

Whoa, Are people actually recommending that a person go to a flight school?
Usually the nay-sayers destroy these threads.
I went Spartan School of Aeronautics in Tulsa, Learned to fly (Got all the ratings there) an Associate degree, in less than 3 years, Pick a school that fits your needs not a school that others recommend.
Everybody has a different idea of what is good.
UND and Embry-Riddle were to expensive for me, I paid my own way
Purdue is expensive and the program is small, hard to get into esp. if out of state. (non-resident tuition)
ALLATPS is a ratings only place along with Flight safety
I Know alot of guys from Southern Illinios that were happy going there
Spartan worked for me, I didn't know what I wanted to get a degree in anyway, all the credits transfer and its cheaper than most aviation schools.
I would recommend a local state school, and part 61/141 FBO flt training, its cheaper, close to home (money, laundry and dinner all in one place) and unless the person giving your interview/ reviewing your resume' at your first job; went to the same school it doesn't really matter where you go.

I'm not pushing anything, but just FYI - last I heard, UND is getting a bunch of SR20s for their instrument and CFII students. Everything else (Pipers) gets turned over every 3 or 4 years, so all the a/c are pretty new. From now on, every new one they buy is going to be glass.

Latest resources

Back