• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scary Numbers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are not careful that waste of a human life that is the Captain will be you in 10 years.

It is me, brightspark. The Captain. I'm a waste of human life now, am I?

This isn't my only job, but it's certainly the one I enjoy the most...and the one I do strictly because I want to do it.

You should probably stick to bashing a part of the industry you know something about...clearly this area isn't your forte.

Still, that's getting side tracked. You're here to save the masses from committing the Great Mistake which we call You. You're here to tell the little boys and girls just starting out how they shouldn't grow up like you. Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be skyline, that sort of thing.

I can't fault you there. Nobody should look forward to a future lined with your bitterness. However, in all fairness, a lot of people would feel very fortunate to be where you've been, though in your eyes they're all failures.

It's now where you are. It's not your lack of a quarter million a year in income. It's not your lack of six heavy types and the top third seniority in a major. It's your bitter attitude which is your failing.

You're doubtless familiar with the old saw that says, "W(h)eather you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." Meditate on that for a while.

You think you can't. You're right.

Your right isn't everyone else's right. Your right if for most people, wrong. Because they can. Because we can. Because I can. Because I do.

You could too...but for you.

You're doubtless familiar with the old saw, "Attitude determines altitude."

Your inability to garner meaningful work in the flight levels is determined not by your advancing years. Certainly not by your mileage. But by your attitude. I work there on a daily basis. I could be doing more, I could be doing less...but the important thing is that I don't want to.

I think your true crime in impatience. You're not willing to wait until this life ends to see if there's a heaven or a hell. You're living your hell now. Therein lies the true tragedy.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that Skyline works for ATA. If so, it almost makes his bitterness understandable.

FlyChicaga said:
If I were a betting man, I'd say that Skyline works for ATA. If so, it almost makes his bitterness understandable.
That's what I was thinking today as well.

I'm beginning to think that Skyline might be one of the most effective trolls to ever come across this board. He makes obvious troll comments with his garbage man of the sky metaphor, or his calling people losers or a waste of human life. Of course, any amateur troll can make these comments. But his genius is in wrapping these comments in a believable back story of having been there, done that, as well as using a rather subdued, non-agressive tone.

Hey, it had me going too. Bravo Skyline! I've seen a lot of trolls, and you're definitely in the top 10%. But sorry man, you got careless and jerked the line too hard - the BS meter just went off the scale.

Sorry if I missed it

Skyline said:
That was an interesting story. Someone should make a movie out of that. Come to think of it wasn't there a movie starring Dennis Hopper as a drug running pilot back in the 80's. Does anyone know the title of that movie?

Skyline

Sorry if someone already answered this one, I'm short on time so I couldn't read every post.

"Double Crossed" with Dennis Hopper.

Now THAT was a great film.

I still say The Butterfly Effect sucked.

By the way, Skyline and I exchanged *very* brief PMs. I think he's for real. I also think he's right where I was about 10 years ago...

...but you know, it's nothing a little blood, sweat and tears (and a crapload of credit card debt can't solve).

Good luck man.

Avbug

Avbug

I am here to offer a public apology. I am sorry to have offended. I am sorry if I stepped on your dreams. It is wrong of me to try and apply my interests and values to other people.

I really like you Avbug and envy your drive. Keep it up. Enjoy your career. Best of luck to all of you as well.

Skyline

Stepped on my dreams? Hardly. A dream would imply a hope for the future, that starry-eyed wishfulness that you suggest fills ignorant souls who step unknowingly into their careers. The same you suggest are sure to be blindsided by reality...the reality that only you can see.

It's no dream, it's my career, and I'm well established in it. There's nothing for you to step on. I'm quite well aware of whom I am, where I am, and what I do. I don't need, nor desire your validation to do it; my assignment remains my own. I have three main employers, as well as side work, flying tankers just happens to be one function I set out to do when I was a kid, and that I'm still involved with. Flying ag was what I did right out the door as a teenager, with my first season being the summer I graduated high school.

It's a little late to need my eyes opened by someone who has already given up, and who has not been there and has not done that.

bigD said:
I'm beginning to think that Skyline might be one of the most effective trolls to ever come across this board. He makes obvious troll comments with his garbage man of the sky metaphor, or his calling people losers or a waste of human life. Of course, any amateur troll can make these comments. But his genius is in wrapping these comments in a believable back story of having been there, done that, as well as using a rather subdued, non-agressive tone.

Hey, it had me going too. Bravo Skyline! I've seen a lot of trolls, and you're definitely in the top 10%. But sorry man, you got careless and jerked the line too hard - the BS meter just went off the scale.

Well, he successfully pissed me off. But I'm just a dumb a$$, 'cause I turned down the interview with Continental to stay where I am. So what do I know?

I am sorry

Avbug

I am sorry. Please accept my flag of surrender. I was wrong. I deserve your criticisms. Whatever it takes to make it right with you.

Skyline

Latest resources

Back