• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

scabs.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By contrast, Duane Worth, the head of ALPA, the Pilots' union of 49,224, earned $425,090. And, all HE had to do was enforce about 20 employment contracts. You'll find it in

http://lists.iww.org/pipermail/iww-news/2002-July/000006.html

which discusses the obscene salaries of heads of unions. A couple of short quotes from this article follows:

1. >Teamsters President James P. Hoffa was paid $228,713 in 2000. Allowances and disbursements increased the figure to $262,200. The Teamsters reported 1.4 million members.

2. >The president of the AFL-CIO, which has 66 affiliate unions with 13.2 million members, was paid $225,000 in 2000. John Sweeney's salary increased to $279,826 with disbursements.

3. The largest union in the AFL-CIO, the Service Employees International Union with 1.8 million members, paid its president $190,561 in 2000. President Andrew Stern's salary increased to $241,589 with allowances and disbursements.

=====BUT!!!=====

4. >The president of the Air Line Pilots Association ranked second in salary to the teachers' union in AP's spot check. President Duane Woerth was paid $313,392 in 2000. His salary jumped to $425,090 with
allowances and disbursements. ALPA reported 49,224 members.

Are you running in the democratic primary for president? Please!! ALPA is in the business of making money! How much is Duane Woerth paid in salary/bonus representative to his secretary? I would imagine it isn't too different than at an average Fortune 500 company.

Physically assaulting someone for crossing a picket line is stupid and nonsensical. Just because you're in a union doesn't mean you have to act like a mobster.

Good luck mesaba. However, please keep the preaching down to a minimum. We still hear how Comair "carried" its "brothers" and it gets old real fast.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, I a full-fledged Republican! Have voted that way since I could. Why don’t you read my posts! When did I say I supported physical assaults or threats? These actions are counter productive.

ALPA is not perfect! However, where would our profession be without this organization?

Last edited:
inthepool said:
Neither does ALPA, otherwise they wouldn't cater to the higher dues at mainline carriers at the expense of regional pilots.

Why is it that Skywest, a non union airline, was voted the best place to work on this message board?

Crossing the picket line is a terrible thing, especially considering the sacrifices made by the people walking it. By crossing that line you work against the great majority of your colleagues and betray them.

Using fear, property destruction, and wishing death and toil on someone to get your way is defined as terrorism. Anyone who engages in such acts lowers themselves to the same level as bin laden and his cronies. As airline pilots, I think we stand on a much higher platform.

Skywest has decent leadership! Try flying for J.O. at Mesa without a union, or R.A. at Northwest. I would go to Skywest too if I were in the market for a new job! (Knock on wood), but I would never go to Mesa even with a union. (Because of their leadership not the pilot group)

If Mesa didn’t have representation, J.O. would have 100 motorcycles in his garage, and a few more jet trainers in his hanger. God! How small is his penis?

4. >The president of the Air Line Pilots Association ranked second in salary to the teachers' union in AP's spot check. President Duane Woerth was paid $313,392 in 2000. His salary jumped to $425,090 with
allowances and disbursements. ALPA reported 49,224 members.

Mesaba2425, or should I call you management's tool, or perhaps just JM,

So Duane Woerth made 300K in 2000, which was a good year for most airline pilots. Lots of money, sure, but what it isn't is grossly over what the top ALPA pilots made in 2000. I'm sure plenty of pilots at United, Delta and NWA made darn near that much in 2000. While your obession with posting this over and over again on this board suggest you don't agree, I think a senior captain at NWA deserves to be compensated for giving his time and effort to the union. It seems only fair to grant him pay that is slightly above what the pilots he represents make.

Get over it.

If you insist on posting salary information on this board, why don't you take the high road and post Paul Foley's salary and bonus information. As well as Bob Weil, John Spanjers and the rest of the Mesaba Senior MisLeadership Team?

At least Duane Woerth can point to the unification of FDX, CAL and other groups under the ALPA banner to justify his pay (not that I think he needs to justify his pay, least of all to you). What has Mesaba's leadership accomplished?

They have given away our companies' money on the *hope* that it would gain favor with NWA. They have agreed to park Avros. They have overseen the move to the disastrously undersized facilities in DTW. They wasted millions of dollars buying a money lossing airline in Montana. They agreed to fly Saabs in MEM so that PNCL could go all jet, and continue to grow in our stead. They changed the name of the holding company and moved their offices downtown, no waste in that, especially with all the extra space at the new GO. They start feel-good programs to fool the employees into thinking they are committed to the company (what ever happened to the CASH-FLOW program?).

And since you seem so fond of quoting newspaper articles didn't Paul Foley make it onto a list of the most overpaid Twin-Citites CEOs?

If Mesaba can continue to pay for Paul Foley's choice to commute to his job, including paying for his MSP housing, then they can pay for what we deserve.

A strike is not my goal, but I am willing to withhold my services if that is what it will take for mangement to pay me what I deserve. And surely if management choses that course than they can afford what we deserve.

For those of you that are splitting hairs about scabs it is just no use. Go ahead and cross and face the consequences.....

Latest resources

Back