Scabs at Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MCDU said:
The post orig. had to due with why Jetblue hired scabs. I do not think its right with so many qualified guys looking for work.End of story.

cheers,
marty

We have a couple out of 700 plus pilots. Worry about your own airline.

Because LAX most of it was spent starting airlines, cerifiying airlines, trading in large aircraft, working in various capacities at various airlines.

The 1500 is in aircraft I owned.

At this late stage in my life, I suffer young fools as well as old ones a lot less. These are people. You have no right to judge them as you have not stood in their shoes.

You have no right to judge them as you have not stood in their shoes.

You also have no right to judge line pilots because you have not stood in our shoes. Flying the line day in and day out you would undoubtedly get a different impression of our job and perhaps gain some understanding on what makes us tick.

Let me be succinct. Life or companies owe you absolutely nothing. To some of us, if an employer treats us in a manner we find offensive, we go find someone else to work for.

What a corporate culture you could create. I don't think Herb or Neelman would invite you to speak at any pep rallies.

I was going write a few sentences and then said screw it. It is not worth getting into. Think I will saunder over and vote for my least favorite airline, another pointless thread.

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the Dictionary search box to the right.

Suggestions for saunder:
1. sunder
2. sounder
3. sander
4. sender
5. zander
6. cinder
7. saunter
8. sunders
9. sounders
10. sundeck
11. sundecks

Boeingman said:
Marty then run right into JB's offices tomorrow and slam your hands on the desks of HR and make your point known. I'll bet it would go over real well. Perhaps they might even hire you on the spot.

Also, don't make the mistake we did whining about scabs being unqualified. Most of the boys and girls that crossed our line in the beginning were all ex Braniff ALPA pilots. With a major axe to grind against ALPA might I add. Point is, in retrospect we looked like idiots complaining about scab qualifications when in fact many that were hired were very high time pilots.

Still no ideas why so many on the list are from our beloved union? Anyone? Bueller?

Boeingman,

First, that is a pretty intelligent post.

Secondly, I think I need to clarify my first post on this subject. I think I need to add a little background info.

I didn't even research this until I spoke to a freighter dude while jumpseatting (when we still were allowed to do that with them). He was an ex-EAL guy that had "worn out (his) shoes walking the line". He went to a Delta interview shortly after EAL folded. Of the five guys that interviewed that day, all were ex-Eastern. One was a scab, the others weren't. Only the scab got hired. He claimed the International President of ALPA at the time of Eastern's strike was a Delta Captain, and Delta benefitted most from Eastern folding.

I don't know if his story is factual or not. The only thing I can say for sure is he was pretty bitter. I vowed to never end up that bitter, no matter what.

Respectfully,

JayDub

WrightAvia said:
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the Dictionary search box to the right.

Suggestions for saunder:
1. sunder
2. sounder
3. sander
4. sender
5. zander
6. cinder
7. saunter
8. sunders
9. sounders
10. sundeck
11. sundecks

Saunter?????

Respectfully,

JayDub

Publishers said:
The 1500 is in aircraft I owned.

......You have no right to judge them as you have not stood in their shoes.

Nor have you stood in the shoes of the thousands of professional airline pilots in the U.S. Perhaps you should consider your own advice.

LAXSaabdude.

Scab, the most abused term in aviation. Let's think about this a bit. I guess that most of the rabid "death to scabs" bunch would agree that a scab is one who crosses a picket line in a strike. Now, how many times have ALPA agreed to cross picket lines of other unions because they determined that it was "not in their interest" to honor the strike. What's the difference? It's all semantics. I'm sure that some will reply, "that's different, we weren't flying struck work". Is it really? By crossing another unions picket line, aren't you negating the negotiating position of your "brother/sister" union?

I have no problem with folks acting in their own self interest. That's a foundation principle of capitalism. What I object to is intellectual dishonesty and this subject is full of it. I worked in ALPA for years and saw first hand that despite a lot of very well meaning people, that it has become a major part of the problem with the U.S. airlines. They have been unable to change with the times. I honestly believe that the classic, mainline "legacy" carriers run the risk of going the way of the railroads in the U.S. and ALPA has played no small part in that.

If ten years ago, you had gotten all of the airline management and union folks together and asked them how they could really "f**ck up a good thing", I don't think that collectively they could have done any better a job.

suen1843 said:
If you want to see the real scab list, just look at the entire membership of ALPA current as of August 3, 1981. Every single pilot scheduled to work that day walked right past the PATCO picket lines to get to their aircraft.

Did PATCO controllers show up for work during air line strikes?

:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back