• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scabs at Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you cross a picket line, 1 day, 6mos., 60 yrs. you are damaging our profession and a scum! End of story. Thanks to the scab label and prior knowledge of consequences if one crosses, COMAIR and NORTHWEST ALPA had some power and were able to get a contract. NO one has more to lose then pilots if the company does bad. If thousands of furloughed pilots can get by and move on, so can all those folks with there so-called storys. If there is a strike, one has to look at this as as a furlough. Look for alternatives and maybe things turn for the better. I have seen to many abuses by management in this Industry to let Unions go away.
To bad ALPA dropped the ball with the RJ's. They should have been one list and no COMAIRs and Skywests taking flying away.

cheers,

marty

I was going write a few sentences and then said screw it. It is not worth getting into. Think I will saunder over and vote for my least favorite airline, another pointless thread.

Scabs back into ALPA

Didn't ALPA forgive all of the CAL guys who crossed the line and give them membership with full rights as an ALPA member?

MCDU,
Before you color everything in black and white, maybe you need to analyze each situation. For example, the civilians here at the base went on strike. However, one guy had to cross back over because his wife had cancer and he could not afford to lose the medical insurance. Nobody had any grief with him doing that - nor should they.

I agree with Dizel8 and will move on to another thread, however, thank you Dizel for your avator!

Re: LAX

Publishers said:
Life or companies owe you absolutely nothing. To some of us, if an employer treats us in a manner we find offensive, we go find someone else to work for.
First, I don't understand how you have 30 years experience and 1500 hours. I don't think you have seen the full spectrum of the industry. Understand, I am not getting into a d1ck measuring contest with you, frankly I don't care how many hours you have. I had 1500 hours once too. My point is, I have seen both sides of the fence. I have worked for union and non-union outfits.

You are right. The employers owe you nothing. And they exploit that sentiment at every turn. The only difference is, if you are organized, you can at least make things bearable.

In a perfect world, the employers would make the workplace livable in order to attract quality employees. This fantasy world does not exist in aviation, and probably never will. There will always be an oversuply of pilots, so management never has any incentive to make things better. That is why the workers have to take matters into their own hands.

LAXSaabdude.

The post orig. had to due with why Jetblue hired scabs. I do not think its right with so many qualified guys looking for work.End of story.

cheers,
marty

MCDU said:
The post orig. had to due with why Jetblue hired scabs. I do not think its right with so many qualified guys looking for work.End of story.

cheers,
marty

Marty then run right into JB's offices tomorrow and slam your hands on the desks of HR and make your point known. I'll bet it would go over real well. Perhaps they might even hire you on the spot.

Also, don't make the mistake we did whining about scabs being unqualified. Most of the boys and girls that crossed our line in the beginning were all ex Braniff ALPA pilots. With a major axe to grind against ALPA might I add. Point is, in retrospect we looked like idiots complaining about scab qualifications when in fact many that were hired were very high time pilots.

Still no ideas why so many on the list are from our beloved union? Anyone? Bueller?

Last edited:
Re: Scabs back into ALPA

pilotyip said:
Didn't ALPA forgive all of the CAL guys who crossed the line and give them membership with full rights as an ALPA member?

Yes. However the ex EAL pilots at CAL now were not granted amnesty.

United we bargain, divided we beg. Scabs like to beg. It's what's in it for them that counts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back