Scabs at Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCDU

Just curious of how many JetBlue have and how do people feel about them? I know of at least two who are Eastern. All got hired pretty much in 99.

cheers,

Marty

You should care! Scabs are the scum of the earth. They will bend over and take it up the ass at the drop of a dime. They are management's bitches. Beware of them. They have proven beyond any doubt that they are sniveling, groveling, weak, spineless individuals who care nothing about anyone else nor the advancement of the piloting profession. They only care about their own self centered interests. Don't even talk to a scab. They will rat you out to management in a second if they feel that your departure will enhance their advancement.

Good question. I have another one for you. How many scabs were welcomed back into ALPA recently?

At least the JB scabs were not welcomed back into the Union they turned their backs on.

Last edited:
I am just surprised that an airline with such a good reputation would hire such self centered individuals such as a scab. There is no excuse to cross a picket line and I do not understand why JetBlue would hire such scum. I remember how much crap valujet got for hiring scabs. With so many fine hard working pilots out there, why hire a scab. I know most airlines will not hire them unless your some 121 scum outfit. So why Jetblue?

j41driver

"Do you not really know or are you just wondering what his definition is??"

I just see the term thrown around a lot. If one union, or union member crosses another union's picket line is that union, or members Scabs? If lower paid pilots are hired, recruited by a third party for the expess intent of circuventing seniority are they or the parties facilitating the program Scabs? Just curious.

Union members generally honor other unions' picket lines.

I agree, people do tend to throw the term around quite loosely, to describe anyone who somehow lowers themselves in any way to advance their career. I guess that would include anyone who has been a CFI, boxhauler, or regional airline FO! (btw, I have done all of these)

I am a purist with whom I call a scab. A scab crosses a picket line in order to fly the work of pilots who are on strike. Period, end of story.

While it may make a person feel good to deride others as "scabs", it only serves to dilute the definition. "Scab" should only be used in its truest form, to label the vilest members of our profession.

LAXSaabdude.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back