• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Say it Isn't so...Lynx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as I know Lynx has NOT parked anything. Lynx starts up to 6 new mountain destinations this month and next month.

Yes, Lynx startup costs hurt F9. But, they're making a profit now. Is it enough to save F9? Probably not...not in and of itself anyway.

A more probable scenario for the next year or so would be that F9 reduces RJET cost plus flying as Lynx gets more Q400 options. Note that there has not been an official announcement regarding the options.

Lynx is also actively looking for other codeshare flying with the Q400.

It's a tough time right now. Especially for the LCC's that don't have tons of liquid cash to help absorb these tough (and hopefully temporary) economic times.

The industry will look a whole lot different a year or two from now. Hang on!

Coming from a good source. Who? Come on. You started this rumor back it up. I am so tired of guys posting anonymous sh*t on here and others taking it seriously.
Lynx flights are full. They start mountain flying in the next few months and their fuel burn per passenger is low as hell.
As for Frontier in trouble. Yes we lost money last quarter, a lot of money. Our new CEO has only had a couple months to rework our route system. We are dropping unprofitable routes and adding flights to our overbooked cities. We are continuosly flying completely full or very near that. We have the lowest fuel burns in the industry. But we face stiff competition. Phx, Lax, Sfo, Sea, Dfw all have 3 or 4 airlines competiting on the same routes.
Southwest is growing in Den but they are not stealing our passengers. Our % share of traffic at DIA has grown since they entered the market. That is a fact. United has reduced their flying and the other airlines (Delta, USair, etc) have been losing market share.
What gets us so angry is that when you walk through the A terminal at Dia it is jam packed with pax. Our completion factor is over 99%, A+14 is near our all time high, our fuel burns year over year are at all time lows even though the aircraft and engines have aged and load factors are ridiculously high. We feel we should be making money. But the vast majority of our pilots have confidence in our new CEO and feel he is making the changes necesary for us to become profitable.

Wow, you make Frontier sound like the greatest airline on the face of the earth.

Wow, you make Frontier sound like the greatest airline on the face of the earth.
For an offline dispatch jumpseater...F9 does pretty much rock. Great crews, nice CS agents...and the general consensus is that they always treat us like kings. God, er..I mean...atlcrashpad knows we don't expect that.

Because of this (and I know it goes against helping my company's bottom line)...when any non-airline friend asks me who they should fly to XYZ, I almost always say Frontier.

For an offline dispatch jumpseater...F9 does pretty much rock. Great crews, nice CS agents...and the general consensus is that they always treat us like kings. God, er..I mean...atlcrashpad knows we don't expect that.

Because of this (and I know it goes against helping my company's bottom line)...when any non-airline friend asks me who they should fly to XYZ, I almost always say Frontier.

Blasphemy!

They're bailing water out of a tree branch? :confused:

Wikipedia said:
The term bow comes from the old days of timber boat building. It is derived from the use of the trunk and a bow (bough) or large limb of a tree where the natural strength from the grown curved fibres of the wood provides the strength for this most vulnerable part of the ship or boat.

So I spelled it wrong. But still technically correct.

F9 is desperate and lynx cost them something like 24 million dollars!

Those were startup costs. The rumor is when this quarters profits come out Lynx will be the only part of the company to actually make money. Not too mention March revenue per available seat mile was nearly 14 cents.. well higher than the norm. And with 7 new cities and 2600 hours of block I would be awfully surprised to see anything parked.

Latest resources

Back