• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Saw a Netjets pilot playing with

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bought one for my kid, but I played with it most of the time. They are great fun and easy to fly, but fairly delicate. The heli seemed to favor turns in one direction, even when it was in trim. It was destroyed in a matter of weeks. All said probably worth the $30.

They are a fun little toy to bring on the road!! Easy way to pass a few hrs of down time..

I have a couple of those heli's. The Air Hog Havoc is probably the most fun one, but I see that they're 50 bucks on-line now. They used to be 20 or 30 bucks. It's $20 bucks fun, but I don't know about $50 bucks fun. And I'm not sure I'd try to pack it into a suitcase as they're pretty fragile.

Don't get the Air Hog Relex. The little push props aren't strong enough to overcome the mass of the helicopter, making it sluggish and difficult to control. Definitely not worth the $80 bucks they charge for those things.

By far and away the best quality micro heli available is the E-Flite Blade MCX. It is incredibly stable and easy to fly, and if you break parts you can readily find replacement parts online and in most hobby stores. I outfitted mine with all glow in the dark parts and can fly it in my house with all the lights turned off. The Blade is not the cheapest option but if you want something that will last and has good product support, it is the best one that you can buy. I don't bring mine on the road though.

I outfitted mine with all glow in the dark parts and can fly it in my house with all the lights turned off.

Dude, you need to get out more......;)

Latest resources

Back