• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Saudi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
taz, you may want to walk down the streets of NYC one day. The only soldiers you'll see are those wearing the patch of the NYPD. There to save your a$$! They arent all blonde blue eyed. Most are irish, italian, black, and yes even Muslim! yet all AMERICAN. The other type of soldier you'll see are those wearing the patch of the FDNY. Again with such diversity and again there to save your a$$! They are not soldiers wearing an SS arm band knocking on your door to take you away to a camp or kill thousands of innocent people. However, they will come running to save the thousands of innocent when Radical Saudi's do a Hitler-like act. NYC 2002 like Berlin in 1938???? you need to take a look around my ignorant friend!

RJ what is your point?

I think Taz got a little carried away when he compared the US to Nazi Germany, but I think he is right in that many people are now being viewed with suspicion just because of the color of their skin or their religion.

( I think profiling is a great idea, but it's not up to Joe public to decide who is a threat and who isn't)

If he feels that the current climate is not an enviroment in which he wants to raise his children then why do bigots like BJJ have a problem with that. This guy is not an immigrant, he is a third generation American who left the country to avoid religous and racist persecution.

Kind of ironic don't you think that someone would leave for the same reasons that most early settlers actually came to America to escape from.

Before anyone slams me, I am not a bleeding heart liberal, in fact they make me sick, but so do ignorant rednecks!

( I don't mean to imply that you are a redneck RJ, but judging from some of the posts on this thread I'm suprised that so many rednecks have either a computer or internet access hooked up to their trailer!!!!!!!!)

I have to agree with Wafu39 on this one. I don't think that bring the FDNY and NYPD into this is germane to this debate.

The debate is do we want to do what the Nazi's did with Jews in the 30's, with the Arab citizenry of this country, some of whom as I pointed out earlier are hero's and soldiers of the highest degree.

Don't confuse foreign terrorists who hate us for a number of reasons, with Arab Americans. Or for that matter, any Muslim American, be he Afghan, Iranian, Arab or other.

As for BJJ, I should like to think that someone of the caliber to fly those types of airplanes (listed in his profile) has the education to understand of this situation better than he seems to show with his posts.

Wag-The Dog!

I am amazed and amused the my post about my experience as a wide body Capt. for the #1 Airline in this country during the war could draw such amaizing assumptions non of which are true .
what is true is that Timothy MC Vey killed 168 of his fellow "AMERICANS" and neither he nor his family have recieved the kind of rhetoric and Xenophobic slandar that "forignors" and Middle Easternors endur.
You are definately Right!! Though we might be the richest and most powerful and maybe the best educated country in the world .
we still have no clue of how we should really use that power.
So now we should go pick a war in the name of Peace!!
And we thought that Mr. Clinton "Waged the Dog"

The more things change the more the remain the same!!!!

Taz

what is true is that Timothy MC Vey killed 168 of his fellow "AMERICANS" and neither he nor his family have recieved the kind of rhetoric and Xenophobic slandar that "forignors" and Middle Easternors endur.

Lets take a look at this comparison. I'll try and shed some light on this.

There is no evidence to date to show that Mc Vey and his co-conspirators (not his family, not one person) were a part of a large, organized movement. While thousands of Americans disagree with our government, this event in OKC was an unusual, isolated case. The alledged connection between Al Queda and McVey/Nichols is still unproven.

Al Queda, on the other hand, has supporters and conspirators throughout the mideast and beyond. Their dedication is built on a religious fervor to kill the infidel (US) that very few muslims will stand up and publically disavow here. No one in the mideast will publically disavow the actions of Al Queda. Diplomats will do that in english, never in a language that the average arab will understand. They fear being targeted for death by a growing group of terrorists. In Saudi Arabia, the terrorists had easy access to visas for many months after the attacks. That means that THEY ARE HERE, and in undetermined numbers. They are completely indistinguishable from others arabs who are not terrorists.

While Mc Vey's family has not recieved "the kind of rhetoric and Xenophobic slandar that "forignors" and Middle Easternors endur" you have shown that you don't know at ALL what they HAVE endured. Death threats. Hate mail. Hate calls. Comments in supermakets. Almost every time they show their faces in public, something happens. They have become pariahs.

In addition, WE OURSELVES have become suspects. US Senators. Medal of Honor winners. Children. The infirmed. ALL have been targeted at security checkpoints because we have some crazy interpretation about "equality". Are all of those who are being hasseled at checkpoints equally probable of being terrorists?

The truth is, we have very specific knowlege of who attacked us on September 11th. We know who supports them, and we know that they are mideastern muslim men between 17 and 40. We know that there were no American grandmothers, children, or senators. No nail clipers were used as weapons.

We know that very few others are motivated to join these cells. It would be even harder to infiltrate these groups. We know that almost ALL of their sympathizers will come from a very narrow slice of the world population. We know that the terrorists DON'T CARE if innocent arab Americans are suspects here. That's fine with them, since they hate THEM too!

If you take all of this into account, and you are surprised that good people can make the mistake of being fearful of people who have the same background and apearance as the terrorists, then I don't know how the situation could be made more clear.

To say that this is hapening because Americans are xenophobic about "forignors" shows a contempt for Americans that goes beyond this issue, and predates the attacks of September 11th.

So now we should go pick a war in the name of Peace!!

That's exactly what we did when we entered WWII and defeated three evil regimes. They almost took over the world, and they would have were it not for our sacrifices. They had limited means, compared to Soddam Husein. He threw out out weapons inspectors and kept on working on chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons. He has had ten years to perfect them.

Apparently, you don't consider this guy to be a threat. Either that, or you watch Peter Jennings too much.

Last edited:
I agree that Saddam Hussein is a threat. The mistake this government has made is to scream it from the rooftops so the whole world knows about it. This should have been a very covert operation by just a few people. maybe something JFK-style. We all know that dictators like to parade, and the US armed services definitely have a few people who could pull something like this off. You save yourself all the problems that an open war will create. Almost all the arab countries want to see this guy gone, but if they openly announce it they are fearfull of problems in their own country. But with the secrecy around the pentagon or white house we probably will have CNN or Geraldo Riviera waiting with the spotlights and camaras like in Somalia or Baghdad during the first gulf campaign.

I have enjoyed reading this thread. Lovely. To answer all your questions,dear gents, we all should do what our ancestors used to do anytime we found a new fire ants mound in backyard. Get a bazooka and blow the s@#t out of them. We should nuke'em all. All 6 bill. of them. And make entire planet part of US. That way everybody will speak (not write because we have spelling problems) americen...NO that's emarican...da$n it...amorican......no it does not sound right.....I will try english(sounds better).But english is not american also?!. What should we do? By eliminating words from our vocabulary (words such as french, italian, indian, nigerian etc) our language will become much pure and easier to learn.
Am I getting crazy? What was this thread about? Oh yes! Now I remember!. Somebody has found a flying job in Saudi. To take it or not to take it? That was the question. Hey man!...If you can afford to refuse a well paid job I WILL TAKE IT. How to apply for it? One year to see new faces and learn new customs plus getting paid (very well I might say)?!....Heeeell Yeeees!. That's one other reason I have been trying to fly for a living.......TO SEE NEW PLACES, HAVE NEW EXPERIENCES.
Be kind and send me the address where I can apply. Let all this guys fight over the world morality.

Dear Ty Webb all I did was to use a figurative way of making fun of the situation. If you read all my post at the end I offered myself to go overthere. And honestly I would go because I have done it before and I remember to have met wonderful people. People are people all over the world. We love in the same way, we hate in the same way, we suffer in the same way, etc. An as#hole is an as#hole any place would go. An honest person is an honest person no matter of nationality. We are all people.
Bottom line is that our situation as pilots is not too pinky right now. I don't care about politics. That doesn't pay my bills. But not having a job affects me. The Taxman/Mortgage Man/CC Man when knock at my door don't ask me about my feelings. They don't give @#$$ about that. All they want to know is if I have money or not. Period.
Yours with al due respect.
And seriously I would go to that place without thinking twice.

Latest resources

Back