• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sat-mdw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Matt, you make captain? Congrats! Even though I'm not over there anymore, I'm pullin for you guys! I've sat in SWA's second jumpseat before, it's not THAT bad.

I think SAT is has our largest population of commuters of all our cities. Most go to HOU or DAL, but there are a fair number who fly out of MDW as well.

Yes, the second jumpseat sucks. It is uncomfortable. However, getting a missed trip and losing 25 hours of pay is worse! :D

PTinbound, thanks. I'm going to try it out for a while, and see how it goes. Might have to do a little two-leggin'.

For what its worth, I commute on SWA every week(MDW-STL) and they are by FAR the single best airline to commute on. Good availability and very friendly to off-line commuters.. in the last 6 months I've only not made my first choice flight once.

The comfort of the second jumpseat depends completely on your height and the captains height. I'm 5'7" and I rode it once with a captain my height.. very comfortable, I've also done it with a 6'4" captain, and the 37 minutes to STL were painful.

cale

Also, if you sit second jumpseat, don't think we are grapping for your balls, when we reach for the logbook or OPC.:D

While the logbook location on your 73's makes for some intimate reaches, nothing tops jumping on an MD-80 where the cabin phone is literally under the jumpseat and they have to reach between your legs to get it. Especially if there is a female pilot involved..

cale

Latest resources

Back