• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Salary ? please read

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depends on schedule, benifits, etc. of coarse...

Id say if your not managing the A/C: 70-90K
Managing the A/C & Captain:85-110K

TEB Sux - you need a raise!

You cannot live in TEB or HPN on the above numbers.

here's some numbers -

Lear 60 according to NBAA latest salary survey (about 2 weeks ago)

Average - $128,569

10th percentile - $95,800

First quartile - $112,000

Median - $121,000

3rd quartile - $139,250

90th percentile - $158,500

These are for Captain...Senior Captain and Chief Pilot are slightly higher.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Would be nice to make that kind skrilla... but if you wont work for sub par wages the other 1000 pilots begging for a job will!

Does anybody know of the NBAA survey is available for purchase anywhere else other than their website? Evidently, they don't offer it to non-members. Seems a little silly since it's a good research tool for everybody.

Skyward80

We paid about $400 for it.....incidentally, that also got us an NBAA membership too.....it's worth it

Do you guys factor in a training cost associated with your pay? Let's say for example a part 91 operator was going to send you to school for a PIC type in their aircraft, if the NBAA average is say $135K and they are willing to pay $120K plus the type....

I know it's all different depending on the situation but I'm curious how the negotiations typically happen.

Do you guys factor in a training cost associated with your pay? Let's say for example a part 91 operator was going to send you to school for a PIC type in their aircraft, if the NBAA average is say $135K and they are willing to pay $120K plus the type....

I know it's all different depending on the situation but I'm curious how the negotiations typically happen.

God NO...that kind of negotiation would be a huge red flag IMO.

Training is just the cost of doing business.

Last time I bought groceries they didn't accept FlightSafetys stupid little "pro cards"

:)

I see, does someone flying as an FO and captain qualified (ie plenty of time but needs to learn the operation and "get up to speed") typically make FO pay for the first say 6 months?

In this example the operator is paying for the PIC type.

edit: I like the comment about the pro cards! That's great, I know a few people with "pro" cards that would have trouble qualifying for th B-Team.

I see, does someone flying as an FO and captain qualified (ie plenty of time but needs to learn the operation and "get up to speed") typically make FO pay for the first say 6 months?

In this example the operator is paying for the PIC type.

PIC types for everyone is pretty mainstream in corporate. There is no real difference in the training. Anyone holding a type from you is simply afraid you will leave (RED FLAG)

The pay thing is up to you. Be real careful here....far too many pilots accept the lower pay with a "promise" of a bump once they become official PICs. Pilots are terrible salary negotiators.

Get your money upfront and in writing or forever hold your peace.

Hope that helps.

Latest resources

Back