• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Salary ? please read

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes that is helpful and I appreciate the advice. I did contract work prior to going to the airlines and now have an opportunity to go to an established 91 operation. The airline I fly for is profitable and treats me resonably well but I miss certain aspects of corporate flying and am ready to go back with a quality operation. The 91 position is co-captain on Tier III (604) /Tier IV (GLEX)jets (they have both). They are up front about doing the type and definitely aren't holding as a negotiating card. I just want to be well informed when it comes time to meet with the VP of Flt Ops, that's the next interview stage.

Take it from experience, get the money up front. The snakes will bear their ugly heads as time goes on otherwise. If they think your qualified and experienced enough to be in the aircraft they should type you and pay you accordingly from the start. I wish I had that advice a few years ago.

God NO...that kind of negotiation would be a huge red flag IMO.

Training is just the cost of doing business.

Last time I bought groceries they didn't accept FlightSafetys stupid little "pro cards"

:)

You hit the nail on the head!! I agree 110% Initial type and recurrents ARE the cost of doing business! Incorporating training costs into a salary is bull$hit and that should be no part of negotiating a salary.

Bottom of the barrel operator is paying 80k a better one is paying 95, I don't know any 114k lear pilots out of teb but they may be there since that's a good salary number in a part 91 Hawker.

Latest resources

Back