Saipan Anyone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mjb00123

Does anyone know about freedom-air in Saipan(100NM of Guam)? They are looking for pilots to fly C172, Piper 6., they also have a couple of twins. I spoke with the chief pilot and he said the pilots must sign an 18 month contract! If anyone can shed some light on this outfit that would be great.:D
www.freedom-air.net

Two bowls of rice and one serving of fish soup per leg. Extra won-ton for night legs.

Saipan

:D I used to fly 135 between Guam, Rota, Saipan and Tinian back in 1980-82. That operation you speak of has roots that go back to those times. They had a Cherokee 6 and a 172 in those days and they flew back and forth with locals and tourist,(mostly Japanese) to Tinian from Saipan. Its under 5 miles one way. Saipan is a beautiful Island, great beaches, jungles, and the pilots wore shorts, sandals, etc in those days, could still be the same.
For a single guy it could be great, but I think that after 18 months you would find that perhaps the daily routine and the island life would have lost some of its appeal. If you live like a local, the cost of living would not hurt, but I do not know what the pay is or was in those days. I was paid $800 a month, but that was a long time and a lot of flight hours ago.:beer:

freedom

mjb00123 said:
Does anyone know about freedom-air in Saipan(100NM of Guam)? They are looking for pilots to fly C172, Piper 6., they also have a couple of twins. I spoke with the chief pilot and he said the pilots must sign an 18 month contract! If anyone can shed some light on this outfit that would be great.:D
www.freedom-air.net

Are you sure you want to know more? If so,fire away PM style.

psysicx said:
How long till you get into the Short?

Owner will dangle a carrot in front of your head and tell you there is a possibility in 18 months.Ive never seen or heard of that happening. There are people that have been there for 5+ years,that are still waiting on a shorts slot.Dont go there thinking you will eventually get it because chances are you wont,sorry to burst anyones bubble.

Here is one website that says it all. www.bad-aviationjobs.com Click on the "Airlines" link on the left,then go to the right and click on "Freedom Air dba Aviation Services Limited" I know the guy that posted his opinion on that company and all 100% of it IS TRUE.

If you want to know about saipan,i HIGHLY recommend www.saipansucks.com

Latest resources

Back