Saipan Anyone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
migio said:
Here is one website that says it all. www.bad-aviationjobs.com Click on the "Airlines" link on the left,then go to the right and click on "Freedom Air dba Aviation Services Limited" I know the guy that posted his opinion on that company and all 100% of it IS TRUE.

That webpage lists NetJets as a BAD aviation job. I guess some people will never be happy. IF YOU GOT INTO AVIATION TO WEAR SHINEY BARS AND FOR THE MONEY NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO DO US ALL A FAVOR AND GET OUT!

-This comment is not aimed at anyone in general, as much as it is a general statement.

Way2Broke said:
That webpage lists NetJets as a BAD aviation job. I guess some people will never be happy. IF YOU GOT INTO AVIATION TO WEAR SHINEY BARS AND FOR THE MONEY NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO DO US ALL A FAVOR AND GET OUT!

-This comment is not aimed at anyone in general, as much as it is a general statement.

Hey, there is money in aviation just have to know how to make it all work!

I never said there wasn't. All I am saying is that if the only thing you are taking home from work everyday is a paycheck you should re-evaluate what your doing. Some people would bitch if they won the lottery.

Way2Broke said:

Well,that was probably from a disgruntled person at NetJets.The person that posted the thread on Freedom said it all and all of it is true.

I can testify the story on bad aviation jobs is true. I have worked for Freedom. However, I've seen cherokee pilot upgraded onto the SD3 but it is RARE and the story was complicated.

Way2Broke said:
That webpage lists NetJets as a BAD aviation job.

If you look at the pay scales they were written prior to thier industry leading contact. Now they tell you don't work at netjets due to the domicile issues..

mjb00123 said:
Does anyone know about freedom-air in Saipan(100NM of Guam)? They are looking for pilots to fly C172, Piper 6., they also have a couple of twins. I spoke with the chief pilot and he said the pilots must sign an 18 month contract! If anyone can shed some light on this outfit that would be great.:D
www.freedom-air.net

The 30 year old company is Guam based but their main income is derived from the part 135 VFR scheduled service between the islands of Saipan and Tinian (located in the CommonWealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, CNMI). You will fly alot. 90 to 100 flt hours a month, 5 days a week, sometimes 6 days. 8 hours of flight per day and up to 30 landings. It will primarily be day VFR single-engine pt to pt xcntry time. Maybe 5 or 6 hrs of night per month. You will not get any twin time and you will not want to take the aircraft IMC. You will not be paid for ground school and will not receive a pay check until the completion of IOE, $1600/month. They will put you up at a nearby hotel for Grnd on Guam and provide transportation to and from. Your on your own for housing and transportation after getting dropped-off in PGSN. They are always one accident away from losing the certificate.

sounds ok

hey twitch! Ur post seems to be a little on the positive side about this company. But Becuase of the Intel from the others I'm still on the 50/50 side of going. The only good thing for me is that if I choose to go over there I will have a government job on the side!

mjb00123 said:
hey twitch! Ur post seems to be a little on the positive side about this company. But Becuase of the Intel from the others I'm still on the 50/50 side of going. The only good thing for me is that if I choose to go over there I will have a government job on the side!

Government job on the side? You are kidding me. CNMI or the feds? If you get a CNMI govt job good luck cashing your check. You will not have time or energy for a second job anyway. You have no clue what you are getting yourself into.

:D its a fed job! I understand where you are coming from 8AF. Im just trying to weight it all out. But believe me with you guys advise i doubt if I still go... So your saying basiclly that Freedom Air is the Flying job from hell:bomb: from all aspects?

Latest resources

Back