• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Saab Drivers/Prop Drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Bose X is great. I forget to turn it on half the time in the Saab and it is still quiet. I didn't think about it being tax deductible though, I wish I hadn't just done my taxes.

The big brown truck dropped my Zulu off today! First impressions are that it's looks great, feels really nice, and seems well made. Plugged my cellphone in while sitting on my couch and called my wife, who was in the kitchen, lol. It was really clear! AND, when I turned the ANR on I couldn't hear my wife's nagging!! It's paid for itself already! SWEEEEET.

(JK, in case she reads this.):erm:

After about 5000 hours flying props, I can't hear squat. My wife is always telling me to turn the TV or radio down.

AS far as a headset I use a David Clark with ANR. Works ok, but not exactly comfy on the head after a long day.

headsets...

Picked up my Zulu's yesterday and flew 3 legs with them today. Amazing ANR and amazing sound quality for music (had to try it quick). I tried a set of Bose out too and quite frankly after trying both I'm happy with my purchase of the Zulu's. The Bose were nice... just not $1000 nice.

An earset just isn't going to cut it in a turboprop. There's no other way to put it: you need a real headset.

5000 hours flying 1900s, the vast majority of which involved a LightSpeed ANR headset (and earplugs on the ramp). My hearing is as good as it was when I started flying.

The LightSpeed 3G headsets are really, really effective, and half the price of the Bose. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. It looks large, but it doesn't clamp, is lightweight, and doesn't fatigue you even after a long day. It's a regional turboprop pilot's dream.

The 20-3G has been discontinued, but they're still selling them, and that's the one I had the most success with:

http://www.anrheadsets.com/products20-3g.asp

FINALLY got a flight and was able to use my new Lightspeed Zulu- pager had been really quiet. :D

In a nutshell...
It's definitely comfortable!! The ANR works great, and it's very clear. The thing I like the most, compared to the Bose, was that I could wear my sunglasses and it didn't interfere like the Bose did. The Bose still worked well, just not as well. And, as I'd read, the passive reduction seems MUCH better than the Bose!! I'm really glad I got this headset. Hoping that the QC issues have been solved and nuthin' breaks...if it does, I'll try to remember to come post again. ;)

BTW: Flying a King Air C-90.

Latest resources

Back