s.r. 65 implications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flopgut said:
Wow. It is interesting to hear you SWA folks talk. With the exception of Benelli, you all have world views that do not match what is going on. But your world view is uncannilly accurate? SWA has momentum adequate to sustain it through this hard time yet you want things like the WA and age 60 to change more than anyone. So, because of our success we should not stand up for what we think is right?. I would suggest that you consider that this is perhaps a character flaw and less the edgy business instinct you feel boosts you. Fortune and gain is literally dripping from you and yet it is not enough. I can't imagine why anyone who upgrades in 5-8 years in a Boeing/121 operation would begrudge anyone else their personal opinion. You seem to begrudge every opinion that does not agree with yours. Jim Smyth, maybe retirements didn't help out with your career that much, but your retirement will help others. You will have a good career, at 60 you need to let somebody else have a turn. Just telling another that their own good fortunes should be relegated to growth ignores that fact someday growth stops. That suggests, that at some point in the future, you don't care about pilots no different than yourself.

Things are going well enough over there I wish you would recuse yourselves from trying to shape policy in this business. So, we are still not airlines pilots ad should not be involved in the policy discussions that affect airline pilots. Only legacy pilots should shape policy, because THEY are true airline pilots ...:rolleyes: Distracting us all with the WA and age 60 is taking attention from open skies and overseas ownership. You don't want legacies to fail on those issues do you?

I dont want legacies to fail at all. I want them to restore full pay and pensions, I want them to profitable and I want to be taller and better looking. Once again Flopgut is hijacking a thread into an antiSWA direction. I disagree with SWAPA on SR 65 but your suggestion that SWA pilots recuse ourselfs from discussions affectin our future is ridiculus.

Tough Luv

ivauir said:
I dont want legacies to fail at all. I want them to restore full pay and pensions, I want them to profitable and I want to be taller and better looking. Once again Flopgut is hijacking a thread into an antiSWA direction. I disagree with SWAPA on SR 65 but your suggestion that SWA pilots recuse ourselfs from discussions affectin our future is ridiculus.

I'm done deliberating with you. I have had it out on here with FlyBoeingJets regarding the WA and I made my case with him. I don't think you are lesser airline pilots than anyone else, you may be more true airline pilots than any of us. We (the rest of the industry) just have far different problems than you SWA folks. This age 60 deal is not going to go anywhere, this time. The Senate has no matching issue in the works and is not likely to give this any creedence. The larger issue is pension reform (that just got addressed) and the proposed changes in foriegn ownership limits. So lets stop sweating that (60) for now. The big threat is trained in on me and my legacy airline co-horts. Open skies and the possibility of foriegn ownership could dessimate our careers. (You are probably pretty excited at that prospect and you are now touching yourself) Whatever EU airline becomes the owner of my airline could decide overnight that all widebodies should be moved to the EU carrier and halve my airline in one fell swoop. What you and your other SWA sisters have to decide is whether or not you want to learn from these hardships or make them happen all over again. You should never have opened up Love Field to everyone else (like you are about to do) and you should really visit whether or not you want to run opposite of ALPA. Because what I'm trying to do is show you that SWA does not operate in a vacuum. There are some profoundly evil things out there stalking your careers and I don't think you are listening. What you need to do is pay more attention to what this Benelli poster has to say on the other thread. You have got to rein in your coworkers like SWA/FO (who is an idiot) and keep your airline between the ditches.

One other question: are you a female? You said you want you legacies to be "taller and better looking" (figuratively speaking I realize) so I'm just wondering if you are a girl? I'm having a hard time communicating with you and this might explain it.

Flopgut said:
I'm done deliberating with you. I have had it out on here with FlyBoeingJets regarding the WA and I made my case with him. I recall several insults on those threads too. I don't think you are lesser airline pilots than anyone else, yet we should recuse ourselfs from policy discussions involving airline pilots you may be more true airline pilots than any of us. We (the rest of the industry) just have far different problems than you SWA folks. This age 60 deal is not going to go anywhere, this time. So why the fuss The Senate has no matching issue in the works and is not likely to give this any creedence. The larger issue is pension reform (that just got addressed) and the proposed changes in foriegn ownership limits. So lets stop sweating that (60) for now. The big threat is trained in on me and my legacy airline co-horts. Open skies and the possibility of foriegn ownership could dessimate our careers. (You are probably pretty excited at that prospect and you are now touching yourself) I am not at all excited about anyone's hard ships and must you be so insulting? Whatever EU airline becomes the owner of my airline could decide overnight that all widebodies should be moved to the EU carrier and halve my airline in one fell swoop. What you and your other SWA sisters is this really nessicary? have to decide is whether or not you want to learn from these hardships or make them happen all over again. You should never have opened up Love Field to everyone else (like you are about to do) and you should really visit whether or not you want to run opposite of ALPA. Because what I'm trying to do is show you that SWA does not operate in a vacuum. How are you trying to do that? Is that what the insults are for? There are some profoundly evil things out there stalking your careers and I don't think you are listening. To you? I hope we keep wiser counsel than that. What you need to do is pay more attention to what this Benelli poster has to say on the other thread. You have got to rein in your coworkers like SWA/FO (who is an idiot) and keep your airline between the ditches.

One other question: are you a female? You said you want you legacies to be "taller and better looking" (figuratively speaking I realize) so I'm just wondering if you are a girl? I'm having a hard time communicating with you and this might explain it.

Look, lets point this thread back "between the ditches" - do you have something to add to this disscussion?

I think the rule ought to change, but not now and not this drastically. What happened to the proposal to affect a gradual change?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back