• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ryan Air Captain Gets lost over Rome

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ryanair is NOT the Air Force or the Navy.

Scares the crap out of me every time I have to get on Ryan or slEasy.

If anything ever really hits the fan on board one of those planes, everyone'll be d*mned lucky to live through it. The bottom line safety net in these operations is the automation and standardization.

Just sad...

Ryanair is NOT the Air Force or the Navy.

No one in the AF or Navy is paying for the flight. Military service cannot be logically compared with civilian air transportation.

I don't think much of the idea of him upgrading 4 years later, either. At 500hrs hard time per year that puts him at a whopping 2500hrs. Between these practices and the MCL, they are really pushing the envelope and placing a big bet that the automation and mechanical reliability will prevail.

We just had a Captain die enroute today, and they continue down this road with inexperience.

I don't think much of the idea of him upgrading 4 years later, either. At 500hrs hard time per year that puts him at a whopping 2500hrs. Between these practices and the MCL, they are really pushing the envelope and placing a big bet that the automation and mechanical reliability will prevail.

We just had a Captain die enroute today, and they continue down this road with inexperience.
Anybody want to bet how much of that time is actually FLYING an airplane. Lets just say I would not want my wife and kids in the back of that dude's plane.

The First Officer was flying a 737 with 175 hours TT? WTF-O?

when i was at ryan INT'L(the ryan on this side of the pond) we had numerous B727-fo's with under 300 total time, and all of those were under 40 hours multi-engine time. i guess the ryan's were the place to be!

Why don't the insurance companies care? If I try to insure a light aircraft, they ask all sorts of questions about hours and set requirements for coverage.

MPL=bad idea

Happens in the AF and Navy.

Not only is the AF/Navy not the airlines, but mil pilots are heavily screened and go through an extermely thorough and intense training program.

This is CLEAR PROOF that the Multi pilot license (MPL) is a BAD IDEA!!! Not only is it dangerous, but it cheapens the profession.

Not only is the AF/Navy not the airlines, but mil pilots are heavily screened and go through an extermely thorough and intense training program.

This is CLEAR PROOF that the Multi pilot license (MPL) is a BAD IDEA!!! Not only is it dangerous, but it cheapens the profession.

the guys at ryan int'l flying right seat in 727's were not on a MPL they were flying on a commercial licence and upgraded after putting a year in sideways

AF/Navy guys are superior pilots when compared to their civilian counterparts. That is why they can pull this off.

AF/Navy guys are superior pilots when compared to their civilian counterparts. That is why they can pull this off.

Does that mean that your skill level has declined since becoming a civilian pilot verses if you had stayed in the service??

Latest resources

Back