• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RVSM Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just check the FAA list and didn't find one of our aircraft on the list, but I have the LOA for that tailnumber in my hot little hands. All the paper work is complete and signed by the FSDO. Does anyone think I'm going to have a problem operation this week?

This is a portion of an e-mail from NBAA Airmail. The author is on the NBAA Airspace/Air Traffic Committee, so take it for whatever you think it's worth.

Let me clear this one up quickly. First and foremost it is NOT neccessary for your tail number to have been entered into the data base for you to operate in RVSM airspace - period! The database was not intended to reflect real time approvals and is not being used by any air traffic control agency to verify you are approved...

We're in the same position; LOA in hand for about a month, and not yet on "the list".

Any anyone recommend a quick and easy way to get the RVSM training? Is there an online offering anywhere?

English said:
Any anyone recommend a quick and easy way to get the RVSM training? Is there an online offering anywhere?

Don't know about the online part, but simuflite offers it for 400 bucks if I remember correctly. 2 hour class. Did it during the last recurrent. Of course online would be much cheaper if its out there, no travel expense. FWIW our FSDO wanted the certificate to come from one of the training facilities. I do not know if they would have taken one from an online outfit. The requirements from FSDO to FSDO vary greatly, so who knows.

English said:

Technicaly speaking all you have to do is become familiar with RVSM regs. This is according to the pilot qualification section in part 91G (I do not have a reg in front of me to give you exact location). You will then have to get an inspector to agree and approve you. This was also confirmed in the class I took instructed by Dave Stohr, THE RVSM and International Ops guru. I am sure that others can verify Dave Stohr's crudentials.

He can be reached at

www.trainati.com

Air Training International does a great job of training in RVSM and International Ops. We go every other year.

Last edited:
Everyone tommorow should file for altitudes we are not used to just for the fun of it. I think i will file for 360 and 380.

Good luck on the first day. Let me know if anyone has any issues with rvsm on the 20th

The word I heard was that Center would only allow 2 non Rvsm a/c in their sector at a time

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back