Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: What about Non-Revs?

flewa72 said:
The way I read the new directive, non-revvers will have to wait until they get a seat assignment rather than a "seat request" to go through security. I sincerely hope that I'm mistaken, because at most airports by the time they release the seats on the flight to non-revs there's no way to get through security and to the flight before they close the doors. Anybody have any inside info on that? :confused:

I fly standby all the time and get a boarding pass that allows me to get through security. Then I check in at the gate and await my seat assignment. Its a pretty easy process - excpet when the ticket counter is clogged with paying customers - oh wait, this is usually a good thing.

Its a pretty easy process - excpet when the ticket counter is clogged with paying customers - oh wait, this is usually a good thing.

It may be an easy process, but if you commute, and have to do it twice a week, it will get very old. It's completely unnecessary and a waste of your time, as well as those paying pax that will have to wait while you get whatever document is required this week to alllow you to go to work.

A universal SIDA badge for pilots is the only answer........

Flydaplane said:
As far as SD's are concerned, these are not public documents and should not be released to the public...especially on the internet. At the bottom of all SD's (omitted by side stickn) is a warning about the release of Sensitive Security Information (SSI). All SD's are SSI protected. You and/or your carrier can be subjected to civil penalties ($$$$) if you release this information (49CFR1520.7 which you just posted. Remember be carefful what you write, these are not secure boards.

OMG. Top Secret $hit OUT IN THE OPEN. What will we do?

Get a life, secret agent man.

Latest resources

Back