Rumored TSA "NEW" SD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Super 80 said:
Okay, leave it to a liberal to notice race.
Uh, it was actually pointed out to me by a Chicago Express pilot--I don't know what his politics are--who noted that virtually all of the security personnel at Midway were black until the TSA took over. After that, almost none of them were black.

Personally, I don't care what color they are. Like Gunny Hartman said, they're all equally worthless.

And like I told flywithastick, if you're not bright enough to read my posts and stop throwing the word "liberal" around, just stop replying. "Leave it to a liberal to notice race." Yeah. Conservatives never notice race. Right. K.K.K.? Full of Clinton-liberals, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Typhoon1244 said:
Yeah. Conservatives never notice race. Right. K.K.K.? Full of Clinton-liberals, I'm sure.
Sure, can you say Senator Robert S. Byrd, D-WV, Grand Wizard of the Klu Klux Klan?

Leave it to another liberal to be mean-spirited and try to paint conservatives as bigoted racists.

Liberalism has put the blacks and poor in this county on welfare which has become as inescapable a cycle of dependency as slavery ever was. Modern welfare as practiced by liberals has destroyed the black family below the poverty line and made illegitimacy the rule of the day for a whole generation of fatherless boys. Liberalism is demeaning to people of color.

Super 80 said:
...people of color.
"People of color?"

Hey look! Super 80's become a liberal language Nazi! :D
Leave it to another liberal to be mean-spirited and try to paint conservatives as bigoted racists
Maybe my experience is unique, but ever bigot I've known--especially the ones in the Army--voted Republican across the board.

You want to throw names around? Okay. David Duke.
Although he has been repudiated by the national leadership of the Republican Party, currently he is serving as party chairman for the St. Tamany Parish in Louisiana.

Last edited:
I love the way some of you guys think...
Me: "Abortion is wrong."
Flightinfo conservatives: "Right on."

Me: "The Democratic party is out of control."
Flightinfo conservatives: "You bet!"

Me: "We've got to fight the terrorists."
Flightinfo conservatives: "Absolutely."

Me: "'Gun control' doesn't work."
Flightinfo conservatives: "Fu_kin'-A. You one of us, boy."

Me: "Labor unions are necessary."
Flightinfo conservatives: "Uh..."

Typhoon1244: "Pitch normally controls altitude."
Flightinfo conservatives: "Now wait a minute--"

Typhoon1244: "George W. Bush is a stupid @#$%."
Flightinfo conservatives: "Die you commie bleeding-heart flaming liberal!"
C'mon guys, life is not that black and white...if you'll excuse the metaphor.

Typhoon1244 said:
I love the way some of you guys think...C'mon guys, life is not that black and white...if you'll excuse the metaphor.

LOL!

As for the TSA SD, I don't know what you guys are reading, but the latest SD clarifies that jumpseaters DO NOT need a boarding pass to get through, just an ID. I think you do have to be in uniform, though. I guess the former short-order cooks have trouble spotting fake IDs unless they are accompanied by some kind of penguin suit.

Side stickn, you are correct, you did not mention metal at the checkpoint. The majority of complaints read on this board are in regards to being "harassed" by TSA at the checkpoint. Therefore the no metal=no search response in my post was not directed specifically at you but to people in general going through the checkpoint.

To the dude that called me an idiot, thanks, I hope you feel better. Like I said I had not read the new SD at the time. Happy thanksgiving to you too.

The new SD does mention the new procedure if your air carrier doesn't service the airport, I agree it is ridiculous. I agree much of what TSA does is ridiculous and we would be better of it we used a privatized performance based system of screeners, however, the TSA in general does not try to harass flight crews for the sake of harassing them (although there may be certain individual screeners that you may have a problem with).
If you have a problem with a screener talk to the supervisor (red epaulets) at the checkpoint. If that doesn't solve your problem ask for the manager. Neither of these individuals has the authority to revoke your licenses. Only the top few (3 people) in TSA can authorize this.

As far as SD's are concerned, these are not public documents and should not be released to the public...especially on the internet. At the bottom of all SD's (omitted by side stickn) is a warning about the release of Sensitive Security Information (SSI). All SD's are SSI protected. You and/or your carrier can be subjected to civil penalties ($$$$) if you release this information (49CFR1520.7 which you just posted. Remember be carefful what you write, these are not secure boards.

I guess it is time to try & get a universal ID badge for flight crews.

It's been "time" since about circa 1988, when the feds made it mandatory for flight crews (and ONLY flight crews) to be screened as passengers, as a result of the PSA 1771 mass murder.

I find it sadly ironic that as a result of an ex ground ops workers actions, flight crews became subject to passenger screening, yet, the "trusted" ground ops types STILL access the SIDA through the back door.

The "logic" behind screening the only 2 employee groups (pilots and FA's) that don't need a weapon to "take over" the aircraft still baffles me, unless I consider the "public perception" angle. Then it makes perfect sense. Why actually increase security, when you can make the average Joe think it's more secure? What better way to do this than to have an easily identifiable, authority figure being subject to the same "increased" screening that Joe Public endures? The fact that I can waltz through the checkpoint naked and still fly the airplane into a building never even enters most folks minds. Pilfering small tools and toiletries from pilots does not make anyone more secure.

The bottom line is: Either we, as pilots, are trusted agents, or we are not. If we are not trusted, we should not have complete control of a potential weapon of mass destruction. If we are trusted, then we shouldn't be undressing every time we come to work.

How much sense is there in letting a new hire ramper access the "secure" area with nary a glance, whilst a 20 year airline captain is standing at passenger screening in his socks, getting felt up by a HS dropout, because he forgot to empty the change from his pocket?

Universal ID is the answer, and there is no GOOD reason that we didn't get them 14 years ago!

As for the topic of this thread........ The Greatest Security Show on Earth must go on!

How many knives are in airport restaurants and are they kept under absolute firm control at all times? Could Mohammend get a job at the restaurant, then pass a knife to his buddy who gets on an airplane?

Tripower455 said:
It's been "time" since about circa 1988, when the feds made it mandatory for flight crews (and ONLY flight crews) to be screened as passengers, as a result of the PSA 1771 mass murder.

I find it sadly ironic that as a result of an ex ground ops workers actions, flight crews became subject to passenger screening, yet, the "trusted" ground ops types STILL access the SIDA through the back door.

The "logic" behind screening the only 2 employee groups (pilots and FA's) that don't need a weapon to "take over" the aircraft still baffles me, unless I consider the "public perception" angle. Then it makes perfect sense. Why actually increase security, when you can make the average Joe think it's more secure? What better way to do this than to have an easily identifiable, authority figure being subject to the same "increased" screening that Joe Public endures? The fact that I can waltz through the checkpoint naked and still fly the airplane into a building never even enters most folks minds. Pilfering small tools and toiletries from pilots does not make anyone more secure.

The bottom line is: Either we, as pilots, are trusted agents, or we are not. If we are not trusted, we should not have complete control of a potential weapon of mass destruction. If we are trusted, then we shouldn't be undressing every time we come to work.

How much sense is there in letting a new hire ramper access the "secure" area with nary a glance, whilst a 20 year airline captain is standing at passenger screening in his socks, getting felt up by a HS dropout, because he forgot to empty the change from his pocket?

Universal ID is the answer, and there is no GOOD reason that we didn't get them 14 years ago!

As for the topic of this thread........ The Greatest Security Show on Earth must go on!

Bump.

I just thought this needed repeating.

Hi!

I just jumpseated out of GRB. I went through security with my ID (we are non-scheduled, so while we have flown to GRB in the past, we don't normally). They didn't ask me for anything else.

They are kind of paranoid in GRB, but the lady letting me in security did recognize me from previous times. I kind of doubt TSA is doing anything new now, unless GRB hadn't been notified. I'm sure they would've required me to get something from the ticket counter if TSA required it.

CLiff
SER

Latest resources

Back