Rumored TSA "NEW" SD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whhaaa...TSA has the power to arrest???!!!!???? Thats a new one on me

Perhaps I should qualify that. The TSA is also looking for contraband and are acting as sobriety check points. The TSA at BWI, the first large scale implementation of the agency (and the first guys looked more like FBI than TSA, now that's all changed) biggest finds were drugs. They were actually on the look out for drugs and drug paraphernalia. The agents said they caught a large number of people there when they started being more intrusive.

Now that we have the hamburger flippers back, they still miss a significant percentage of the simulated weapons. The TSA refuses to release the test data though.

Another example of government jobs program. take the unemployable and make them unfirable. hopefully we will elect a small-government conservative in '08 that will do away with it.

Flydaplane,

You are a moron!!! You will probably take it in the can if your chief pilot told you to!!!!!!!!!!! You must be a pay for training guy?????

I commute from a stations that only has NWA mainline flights, but not Pinnacle. I figure that the person (who is usually not a TSA employee) who checks ID's before screening wil not distinguish the difference between a NWA and NWAirlink ID.

There has to be someone at the TSA who has to justify their job by issuing security directives that they won't be able to inforce.

What about Non-Revs?

The way I read the new directive, non-revvers will have to wait until they get a seat assignment rather than a "seat request" to go through security. I sincerely hope that I'm mistaken, because at most airports by the time they release the seats on the flight to non-revs there's no way to get through security and to the flight before they close the doors. Anybody have any inside info on that? :confused:

flewa72,

I believe that non-revs who are listed on a flight will be issued a "standby" boarding pass. (if there is such a thing) There would have to be something available for those flying standby whether rev or non-rev. The frustrating thing will be having to get in line to obtain a piece of paper to get through security. This will also greatly inconvienence those frequent flyers who fly as much as us commuters. As much tax money as the TSA uses, you would think they would be willing to "build a better mouse trap". Reverting to previous policies only causes more frustration to those that pay our salaries, our customers.

does the bill of rights even still exist under the TSA? What the f*uck are we gonna have left once its all said and done? This is outta control. The TSA can take my tickets at a moments notice with no fair trial or anything. The problem is that the government just has to keep proving or at least snowballing the american public into thinking that everything is just fine and dandy.

So i can see it now in 2010 my commute to work.

1. Get to the airport for a vehicle search because its just not safe sitting in the parking lot.
2. Gotta get a boarding pass to get near security then get strip searched and the put through an X ray machine.
3. Finally make it through security and now get my ID verified 52 more times before i get to the gate (yes and even once while getting coffee at Starbucks)
4. Now i get to the gate and get to go on the plane but not after another random search and bag check

the market is in bus and trains

Typhoon1244 said:
The TSA is political window dressing. The only difference between them and Argenbright is (1) more of them are white, and (2) they smile more.
And they speak English.

PadFull'oTrim said:
even once while getting coffee at Starbucks
But what is the current directive on Starbucks? Can the "open" contaner be taken through security today or did the directive change again? How is a paper cup safer than a plastic one?

Can somebody explain how the TSA has improved my security?

Latest resources

Back