• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor: SWA to announce DEN pilot bases tomorrow 1/31/12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was just saying DEN and LAX are domiciles with two different purposes- DEN traditional growth and center of the country- LAX or SMF for etops-
It's not an either/or so it seemed strange for swapa to put that out

Has swapa ever made public recommendations for new bases in the past or is this something new. Just curious, I don't remember anything being said before Las Vegas was announced.

I just returned from Dallas. Steve V. came in to speak. He was unsure why the announcement was put off. However, others in the room said it was because of the Flight attendant union. Apparently they wanted to stump for LAX due to the better worker protection laws.

I just returned from Dallas. Steve V. came in to speak. He was unsure why the announcement was put off. However, others in the room said it was because of the Flight attendant union. Apparently they wanted to stump for LAX due to the better worker protection laws.

I highly doubt that at all. Another Rocket Scientist that had Herb on the jumpseat...... While SWAPA is always engaged in the process, the F/A Union is just along for the ride on this subject.

Heard the same thing yesterday. I guess LAX would cost several million a year extra due to that California worker protection and disability. The F/A are just tired of transferring to OAK when they get pregnant. Because if there's one thing I'm worried about, its which base can we select to allow our F/A to further abuse sick time and disability.

Heard the same thing yesterday. I guess LAX would cost several million a year extra due to that California worker protection and disability. The F/A are just tired of transferring to OAK when they get pregnant. Because if there's one thing I'm worried about, its which base can we select to allow our F/A to further abuse sick time and disability.

word!

Latest resources

Back