• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RUMOR MILL- US AIRWAYS interested in F9

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unlike other airlines, I believe Arpy's pension is at risk if he puts AA into bankruptcy. The board will most likely have to remove him with a golden parachute.

Look up the top holders of AMR stock. He is in top ten from a percentage point....can't remember where I saw it but saw it the day the stock drops below 2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The board will most likely have to remove him with a golden parachute.

Throw me in that briar patch. :beer:

Let's see........ deal with airline BS and make millions. Get shown the door, get paid millions, play golf. Tough choice.

Throw me in that briar patch. :beer:

Let's see........ deal with airline BS and make millions. Get shown the door, get paid millions, play golf. Tough choice.

Exactly. :beer:
How do I get THAT job? I deal with airline BS and make only peanuts.

Doug wants to merge with one of the Big three. Alaska would be nice... Thankfully for the Alaska pilot's I don't think that will happen.

Thankfully for its customers, too. Worst service of any domestic airline, by far.

USAIR can't buy F9, because F9 doesn't exist on its own. USAIR can buy all of the old "F9" assests, but not the pilots. I highly doubt USAIR is going to buy and take on all of the RAH pilots that would go with the deal. So as an F9 pilot this deal would mean you would be out of a job for 6ish more years thanks to the fence you got.

USAIR can't buy F9, because F9 doesn't exist on its own. USAIR can buy all of the old "F9" assests, but not the pilots.

Why not? United bought Pan Am's widebody division and the pilots went with it. As a matter of fact, after the buy was announced a number of pilots specifically bid the widebody just to bail out of Pan Am.

Another "fair and equitable" ALPA deal courtesy of Fudgepacker, the B-scale champion of Alaska airlines......

Really, Sacka? Really?

Perhaps you should listen to Abraham Lincoln:

"Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Why not? United bought Pan Am's widebody division and the pilots went with it. As a matter of fact, after the buy was announced a number of pilots specifically bid the widebody just to bail out of Pan Am.

That supposedly happened at DL as well. The story goes the "Dirty 30" were 30 Pan Am 747 Captains that bid down to the Pan Am Shuttle in LGA on the 727 because they might have heard that something could happen. Delta didn't take the 747s, but they did snap up the Shuttle, and most of those guys bid 767 INTL Capt when they could and ended their careers still flying the North Atlantic, but this time on 767s.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You are correct, Sir. So when someone says, "the pilots don't go with the planes" they are only half right. In SOME cases, that's true. In some, its not. That's the problem with making blanket statements.

Latest resources

Back