RSW FAs harrass FAT FA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quote from the TWU 556 SOUTHWEST Airlines FA UNION:

"On Friday, August 17, TWU Local 556 was honored to witness the new graduates of Special Merger Training Class 259 pin on their Southwest Airlines wings and become full Members of our Union. Following the ceremonies, our newest Southwest Airlines Flight Attendants headed out for their homes and, for many, to new locations where they will be based. We look forward to working with you soon, and congratulations again on your accomplishment.
Not to rest as we continue to grow our ranks, Special Merger Training Class 260 gets rolling Monday, August 20. We expect there will be about 75 to 80 of Air Tran’s finest, ready to make their move over to SWA and join us in our continued success. We look forward to meeting you and wish you the best of luck and good times in your Special Merger Training. It’s a great ride and we are glad you are here."

On the van in STL. AT Captain and FO were riding to the hotel with us. SW FA tried to greet them with a hello and handshake. The AT FO never looked up and keeped looking at her phone. SW CA said hello and asked how their day was going. The AT CA said " Disgruntled". Our CA just ignored his response. We all showed up downstairs and the same AT crew came down. Our FA bought them a round. The AT crew had the drinks returned.

Also most of the AirTran guys that went first wanted to go. Wait till the rest come over the partition it will be like US airways part II.

Now I disagree with this. For me it is over and done with. You win some and lose some.

At USA they are still working on it last time I checked. We are already past that point. It just keeps getting worse for AAI as time goes on, and looks like our union is not getting anywhere with management about that. I don't see any sacrifice on the SWA side of this to make this work, and it is harder to get past that for some than anything else going on this side. I saw sacrifice with the first deal at least. Dollars for seniority, but some of the language was really bad for FOs upgrading way down the road, and most of the other stuff has been beat to death on here. So they are going to make us pay for voting the first deal down, and I wonder how much. I still think my job is in jeopardy. I understand why some can't see it with the history at SWA, but the rest of the industry history says otherwise.

Good thing retirements are picking up and there is a pilot shortage coming. Less retirements than I would like at SWA/AAI given the economy, but every little bit will help. I still have a job. In the grand scheme I am more worried about my percentage from the bottom than the top right now, and I know there are a lot of people that can't see it or are just not being honest with themselves or those around them.

Last edited:
Our FA bought them a round. The AT crew had the drinks returned.
I would love for that not to be true. I'm sorry it happened. In general, have things been better or worse during this? I know at DL with the year from the vote to FA integration went a long way in allowing cooler heads to prevail. I think it also helped that we were all DL, as in brand (paint, uniforms, procedures, etc.) before we tried to mix the FA crews.

Quote from the TWU 556 SOUTHWEST Airlines FA UNION:

. We expect there will be about 75 to 80 of Air Tran’s finest, ready to make their move over to SWA and join us in our continued success. We look forward to meeting you and wish you the best of luck and good times in your Special Merger Training. It’s a great ride and we are glad you are here."

"Glad you are here......as long as we can steal your flying flying and make sure you are junior to us!
Special Merger Training????? Is that like a quickie warrior spirit course or something?

Guess TWU 556 SOUTHWEST Airlines FA UNION never got the SWAPA memo that it was an acquisition, not a merger.

On the van in STL. AT Captain and FO were riding to the hotel with us. SW FA tried to greet them with a hello and handshake. The AT FO never looked up and keeped looking at her phone. SW CA said hello and asked how their day was going. The AT CA said " Disgruntled". Our CA just ignored his response. We all showed up downstairs and the same AT crew came down. Our FA bought them a round. The AT crew had the drinks returned.

Man that's painful.

Unfortunately I think there might be more to follow.

"Man that's painful.
Unfortunately I think there might be more to follow.".....................

Almost as painful and embarrassing as the SWA pilot that originally showed up with a jump seat form and then was given a seat in the back. Shortly before departure a United pilot shows up with another jump seat form. gate agent comes down with final count and one seat left in business class.... United guy told to take it and welcome aboard..... SWA pilot comes forward and insists that he sit in business class......

SWA Captain says to a Airtran jump-seater......."Hey we got on of your guys in the right seat up front.... right where you all belong."

Everyday the Airtran pilots are confronted with a variety of insults and tasteless comments. Who is ruining the culture?

Latest resources

Back