• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

rolling rest at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The most serious issue for Flex pilots is the paraphrased statement that the company is responsible for following the actual FAR regardless of what the POI does or says. Filter that down and realize it means YOU and I are ultimately responsible.

I believe this issue has been bought up many times before but falls on deaf ears. Regardless of what the FODM says, stick to the FOM. Regardless of what the FOM says, stick to the FAR. If you are fired for either, then I will join you on your new private island for vacation every year - you know the one you will be able to afford after your wrongful termination suit is settled.

BTW if you haven't realized as a Red Label pilot you are constantly in violation of our FOM, I've got news for you. The calisthenics used to deny that are mindboggling.

Actually the faa is now starting to crack down on either being in rest or on duty. No other options. Is it not true that right now at Flex you can roll off duty but not be rel ased until they decide what to do with you then they can give you only 10 hours off?

fFlex does not do rolling rest.

If you worked hear here, you'd know that.

Go back to you're your hole.

Based upon the spelling, punctuation, grammar and reputation, this must be South Park Timmy? Wow, I bet you impress a lot of pilots with your prose.

If you had bothered to read your new master's book, you would know that KR likes the losers and weak among the group, because if/when he protects them, he knows they will be loyal. It looks like you'll fit right in, congrats!

Based upon the spelling, punctuation, grammar and reputation, this must be South Park Timmy? Wow, I bet you impress a lot of pilots with your prose.

If you had bothered to read your new master's book, you would know that KR likes the losers and weak among the group, because if/when he protects them, he knows they will be loyal. It looks like you'll fit right in, congrats!

I have already said when I post from my phone its too small to read welll and my big thumbs make it hard to get it alright. Sorry you can't get past a little grammar to see content.

Actually the faa is now starting to crack down on either being in rest or on duty. No other options. Is it not true that right now at Flex you can roll off duty but not be rel ased until they decide what to do with you then they can give you only 10 hours off?

Not really anymore. The new FOM says if you're not in rest and not directly crewing an airplane it's "unassigned" duty. If you go over 12 hours on unassigned it's not supposed to count for OT which is BS but I've heard people have been calling them on it and getting paid. At old Flex if you got done early they would duty you off but not put you in rest for a few hours so they could call you and make you answer without calling it duty. Now you're either on duty (assigned or unassigned) or in rest and as always you never have to answer in rest and shouldn't.

Latest resources

Back