• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RJDC Gives Up!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't wait til Joe chimes in! This jackoff has pretty much framed the entire past decade around the RJDC.

Just exactly as I predicted many yrs. ago-RJDC will win, but win what will they really get?

-Don't spend it all in one place, Joe -What you think a rate of return of about 1 per 100?

Why all the venom money?

If you were a DCI pilot after 9/11, you can thank that law suit for not getting a jets for jobs style contract jammed down your throat.

If you were a main line Delta guy. I'm sorry. DAPLA ate it's young trying save it's top end. And ended up giving a major portion of it's own flying to the regional carriers.

Thank you RJDC

Figuring a conservative number of 4000 pilots since 2001 that gives each pilot somewhere around $75!

I believe only people who donated to the RJDC will be getting the partial rebate.

For those of you who are able to step aside from your biases, this is actually a huge win for the RJDC. The stated goal was always to change ALPA policy, which was accomplished. The icing on the cake is that attorney fees are paid for. I'm not a supporter of the RJDC, but I've got to hand it to them for staring ALPA in the eye and not blinking.

That's one hell of a spin. This was a massive failure for the RJDC wankers. No other way to interpret it.

hidden secret of the rjdc....
you have to prove damages you fools
hopefully your lawyers will spend all that cash on airline tickets

Joe, I know you're a big supporter of this, please give us your take...

Trojan

1. The settlement was actually agreed to prior to this....This is just the mailing going out to those who may have contributed.

2. I believe the lawsuit itself prevented mainline pilots from achieving "super-seniority" here at ASA...This is backed up by the senior member of our current MEC...He told me personally that the RJDC lawsuit helped fight off DALPA....

3. Personally I contibuted about $2200....I will get less than half that back....However it was money well spent...

4. The case was strong....ALPA had deeper pockets in the end...

5. There were some important results of this lawsuit..and the anti-RJDC crowd can't win either way....Either ALPA honors it's commitment to these reforms..or it continues to ignore them....either way the anti-RJDC crowd looks bad...

6. An important part of the settlement was the fact that RJDC did not agree to not sue in the future....The ball is now in ALPA's court....Will we do this again, or did ALPA learn their lesson....ALPA spent millions on this lawsuit...It would behoove them to see that this doesn't happen again....

7. Kudos to Dan F. and the rest of the RJDC leadership.....they put in an incredible amount of effort and personal finance to see this to the end....We could use more like them....

Can't wait til Joe chimes in! This jackoff has pretty much framed the entire past decade around the RJDC.

Just exactly as I predicted many yrs. ago-RJDC will win, but win what will they really get?

-Don't spend it all in one place, Joe -What you think a rate of return of about 1 per 100?

None of us have won....We are still all competing for flying within a brand while whiners like you complain about the pay getting lower....Stop the competing within a brand and you will stop the slide....Keep your head burried in the sand and you will continue to watch the pay slide....Your choice.....

That's one hell of a spin. This was a massive failure for the RJDC wankers. No other way to interpret it.

Was this a major victory for ALPA?......ALPA spent far more money....Do you think this will push ALPA in the right direction now?

hidden secret of the rjdc....
you have to prove damages you fools
hopefully your lawyers will spend all that cash on airline tickets

Is it possible that the "damages" were prevented by the lawsuit itself? My career is still moving forward...maybe the lawsuit helped that...If so, it was money well spent.......

Was this a major victory for ALPA?......

Yes. They prevented the merry band of RJDC dimwits from eliminating all scope language.

Do you think this will push ALPA in the right direction now?

On issues that the RJDC addressed, ALPA was never moving in the wrong direction in the first place. The only mistake was allowing the outsourcing in the first place.

Latest resources

Back