RJ Luggage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rjdreamer

Gearing up for the future, with any luck and a few more hours. What suitcase and flight bag combo works best on the ERJ and CRJ?
Thanks to all.

As far as the ERJ's at ExpressJet any size will do in the nice large closet as you walk in the airplane, a 22" will work fine. And as far as the flight case, scott leather's jumbo bag fits nice.

I believe in most CRJ's 200 you have to use the small overhead bins in back or gate check your bags due to weight and balance issues.

go to costco and by one of the signature series bags. 89 bucks and lifetime guarantee. just take it in and they give you new one.

Last edited:
A lot of guys use these, excellent quality, can get a 4 day trip worth of stuff in it easily. Fits in the overheads on all mainline jets (for non rev) and the CR2. ASA's CR2s are being refitted with a new cockpit door that will give us back our forward crew closets we lost after 9/11 so you won't have to worry about putting it in back.

http://www.luggageworksonline.com/

Flight bags are a widely debated topic on here too. I use the Office Depot special for $40. Works great, fits in the cutout of the CRJ.

On the CRJ luggage werks/ perty neat works well in the overhead. It is way to expensive but I bought it anyway for the ability to use the overhead.

At ASA they are slowly doing a modification to allow bags to fit in the front closet after the new doors took this away.

At ASA we are supposed to use this closet or the cargo bin, but I refuse to allow our Crackhead baggage people in the ATL to handle my personal stuff, we have the worst bag handling numbers in the industry.

Good luck!

MEDECO
"Are You FREAL?" Only in the ATL would you have a final fix named FREAL.

Medeco said:
I refuse to allow our Crackhead baggage people in the ATL to handle my personal stuff, we have the worst bag handling numbers in the industry.

MEDECO
"Are You FREAL?" Only in the ATL would you have a final fix named FREAL.

Amen brother.

If I'm not on a 40 it goes up front.

I've had way too many crew members get to an overnight with no bag.

bigbenno said:
will 24 and 26 inch purdy neats fit through baggage screening?

I don't see why not.

The issue is they won't fit in the overheads wheels first on most mainline airplanes.

This is an issue when non reving.

Most people use the 22"

CF34-3B1 said:
I don't see why not.

The issue is they won't fit in the overheads wheels first on most mainline airplanes.

This is an issue when non reving.

Most people use the 22"

as far as purdy neat bags there is only 24" and 27". The 24" fits in almost all over head bins, sometime tight, but they fit.

I like my Travel Pro Bag. I have the Walkabout 3 which has a life time warranty. I’ve had it for about 6 years now. The handles do break sometimes (mine has once) but they had it fixed within 48 hours. I take my bag in once every 2 years for them to replace all of the zippers, handles, and retractable handle assembly. They never complain.

Latest resources

Back