• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RJ Luggage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I started with a TravelPro 3 and while I like the bag, I found it to be on the flimsy side. As everyone said, I had to replace the wheels after about six months. My wife had a pair of rolerblades she no longer used so I canibalized the wheels of off them.

When my wife was in need for a new travel bag, I gave her my TravelPro and bought myself a Purdy Neat/Luggage Works 22" Stealth. I commute and to me the 26" is too big and too heavy. I can confortably pack for 4-day trips, including sneakers and a sweater during winter. The bag is solid and I love it. I don't have the concern that the bag is going to let me down in the middle of a trip.

My flight case is a cheapo I bought 15 years ago at K-Mart, then retired it when I got out of aviation for a while. In total, I've "logged" about 1.5 years with it. The first thing to go was the little metal feet on the bottom of the case, but that's not big deal. Recently, though, I noticed that the bottom was beginning to rip where the feet were attached to the case (The body is essentially made of a tightly packed cardboard or heavy grade paper material). So I went to a local mechanic and he took a scrap piece of aircraft aluminum sheet metal, cut out a botom plate and riveted it to the sides. So far, it's holding up pretty good.

Latest resources

Back