• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Risky Regionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't think I will find myself on your plane. Maybe just do a good job instead of trying to show the world that you're Chuck Yeager.......could be the root of many problems.

Your free lesson to the world: add my airline to that list of questionables.

No, squirt.

Don't ever compare me to a bitter, uneducated hillbilly who spent the last 60 years trying to prove he wasn't merely the most expendable guy.

Secondly, it was a free flight lesson, you thickwitted dolt.

There's no way you're a pilot. Just... no way.

No, squirt.

Don't ever compare me to a bitter, uneducated hillbilly who spent the last 60 years trying to prove he wasn't merely the most expendable guy.

Secondly, it was a free flight lesson, you thickwitted dolt.

There's no way you're a pilot. Just... no way.

You exhibit all the qualities of a fine instructor;)

"Most of the time" as you say. Im not talking about most of the time. Im guessing hundreds of flights went into NY the night 3407 crashed. I doubt there were alot of scheduled service Cessnas running around in that weather. Yes most of them probably did you use that good judgement you speak of and never flew into or out of the area. However, there were probably hundreds of commercial flights that turned on their boots/ heated wings just after takeoff and flew close to the same circuit as flight 3407. Because they made it, did they use better judgement? Again I submitt that on any given day, any pilot who flys scheduled service can find himself in the shoes of flight 3407. When that does happen and if its a tail stall I would bet money most will in that split second push forward and give full power before they pull back, reduce power and reduce flaps. It seems to me you got it all figured out though Chuck.

I think you missed my point, I'm saying I think something greater than a simple ice encounter likely occurred. Feces happens.

I'm certainly not judging the actions of the crew here. I'm saying that conditions like this exist on a daily basis, and that aircraft and crews with less tools in their bag make it. We'll have to wait and see where the cause lies.

I've personally made my fair share of judgment and performance errors... most of us have. Luckily, we get away with it most of the time, and hopefully learn a lesson from it before we eff up again.

Last edited:
Don't think I will find myself on your plane. Maybe just do a good job instead of trying to show the world that you're Chuck Yeager.......could be the root of many problems.

Your free lesson to the world: add my airline to that list of questionables.

If you don't want to ride on Piedmont, that is fine... But you are missing out on some of the finest and most experienced pilots that the industry has to offer. Even Sig...:cool:

The accident report isn't even is draft stage yet and already you are making determinations on how safe various (presumably turboprop) airlines are. Don't you think that is just a tad premature? Personally, I think you are a flamebaiter...

Personally, I think you are a flamebaiter...

He doesn't even work for an outfit that allows jumpseaters, I presume. But to whatever lofty heights his career has taken him to since he was working at Ameriflight, I'm sure he's too proud to try on such unsavory equipment as a Dash.

So, I guess my 'free flight lesson,' something even the most drool-slinging windowlicker could understand, won't ever happen.

If you don't want to ride on Piedmont, that is fine... But you are missing out on some of the finest and most experienced pilots that the industry has to offer. Even Sig...:cool:

The accident report isn't even is draft stage yet and already you are making determinations on how safe various (presumably turboprop) airlines are. Don't you think that is just a tad premature? Personally, I think you are a flamebaiter...

Experienced Piedmont Pilots. Don't we have to be to fly these 25 years old planes?

To upgrage at Piedmont you don't have to be Chuck Yeager, you gotta be Chuck Norris.

As a fractional guy, I fly around in the back of a lot The scariest flights I have been on though have been Chautauqua. A couple of really unstabilized visual approaches, some t'storm penetrations that scared me, and one near overrun. I have a lot of friends there and I'm certainly not condemning their crews as a whole, but some of them seem to have ego issues or something to prove.

Unbiased opinion? NOT! From 03-02-2004:

172driver said:
TWAER,

I believe your pilot group did, in fact, make the decision to fly for lower wages than CMR. If you would've stood firm and demanded a competitive contract, DAL's decision would not have been so clear. As it stands, it was easy for them to justify giving them to the lowest bidder.

CMR pilots refused to drop their wages and work rules in exchange for these airplanes. CHQ pilots settled for much less than CMR was willing to accept, plain and simple. In fact, they even settled for less than the concessionary levels CMR was asked to accept.

That's where the hostility comes from, in case you're having a hard time understanding.

Latest resources

Back