• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Riding on USAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Same here. I just request a car with a GPS and a satellite radio so I can listen to Blue Collar radio! :)

Oz,

Isn't it just totally relaxing to have your bag in the trunk, a big mug of coffee, and listen to the tunes and see the sights?

I'm in GSO... I can drive to SAV for recurrent and actually beat the airline.

(That is door step to hotel room).

I really enjoy driving when I can. We did a SJC to Sacramento drive a weeks back and it was great!

Soon you will be hearing the sales pitches in Arabic with the Obama upgrades.

I have a standing rule... If I can drive from A - B in six hours or less, and scheduling does not care, I'm in a Avis car.

I have been to kindergarten piano recitals more pleasant than flying the airlines.

Same here. I've taken a rental car from EWR to PIT. A 5-hour drive. Sooooo much easier than Continental out of EWR! Heck, I've seen 5 hour delays (and worse!) out of EWR.

The only problem I've had from time to time is USAirways. And what I mean is, sometimes their tickets out of the New York area are so cheap, the company can't get me a rental for cheaper than the airline! And NJA will always go with the cheaper option.

I flew from LGA to PIT on USAirways and the ticket was $80 (all taxes included!). I couldn't believe I couldn't talk them into giving me a rental car instead. But with the base price, plus the one-way drop fee plus gas and tolls, I really couldn't beat USAirways on price. Scary!

Oz,

Isn't it just totally relaxing to have your bag in the trunk, a big mug of coffee, and listen to the tunes and see the sights?

Yes it is! I started doing it about a year ago when I was briefed to travel from my home base (Burlington VT) to MMU.

The brief comprised a one way ticket on a USless Airways Dash 8 from BTV to LGA - $740 (and this was when they had just announced they would charge $2 for a bottle of water!)

A limo from LGA to MMU - $120

As opposed to ...

One way rental - $80
A tank of gas - $15

Not having to deal with

the TSA (no "professional courtesy" at BTV)
USeless Airways
LGA

Priceless!

The drive took about 6 hours, or about 30 minutes more than the airline/limo option.

Yeah, these credit card commercials are annoying. Not much we can do about it however, I suspect soon we will see vendors in the aisle selling snacks like at a ball game.....

Whoops, forgot they already sell "snack boxes" and beer......

I'm just waiting for the pay toilet for the experience to be complete...... I hear Ryanair is working on that one.....

P.S. The sick sacs are suppose to be waterproof.....

No message for me

I fly US Air three legs last week. PHL-CLT and CLT-AVL same day and then BTV-PHL another day. No a single leg had any ads about credit cards or other "stuff".

I thought years ago from seeing ads on buses and knew that airliners could do the same thing. The empty space on traytable (top and bottom) and the back of the seat when the tray table is down is a great space. Companies from credit cards, parks, restaurants, and other companies could use the space. Of course the airline would gain from the income. Maybe then they would not have to charge for drinks or pillows.
Hell, we have the credit folks selling or pushing the cards in the terminal. It's funny how they don't approach me when in uniform, but I am a paying pax. Not in uniform they try and stop me to sign up. I should go up one day (in uniform), try to sign up for a card and see what they say. Only if they offer a cool gift!!

The difference is I can carry on a conversation, or hear my music, or sleep with an ad stuck on the tray table or overhead bin doors or whatever.

It's crazy that they get to get on the PA and FORCE you to listen to an infomercial! I have no problem with a printed ad anywhere on the plane. Put the McDonalds arches on the rudder for all I care. But don't prop my eyes up with toothpicks and blare propaganda from the loudspeaker in a confined, enclosed place. It's BS and should be illegal.

Latest resources

Back