• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Riddle guy getting ready to go out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You dont know me. And I have never heard us called cocky before!

You dont know me. And I have never heard us called cocky before!
You don't have to call yourselves Cocky, but it's well known that SIU pilots are among the cockiest.

Maybe its because I got a great education and didnt pay $1Bill for it!

...and there's women here...

They now charge 120K for training, so pretty much a school for spoiled rich kids who expect everything handed to them, they also feel like they are Gods gift to aviation.

No, not rich, just have lots and lots of loans. Around the beginning of my junior year I realized that ERAU wasn't exactly the most cost-effective way of getting things done, but by that point I wasn't really in a position to switch universities. I stuck it out, graduated, and instructed for 800ish hours before moving on.

I know just as many arrogant ERAU grads as I know arrogant grads from other places. In fact, I've found that most people who make a big deal about where people went to school are generally the worst offenders. There are RAA, Ari-Ben, DCA, etc. grads with me in my crashpad, and we're all just in the same boat. We all got our ratings somewhere, instructed/towed banners/flew skydivers, and are now just trying to make it through first year pay. Schooling doesn't make one bit of difference in the long run, and that's something everyone needs to realize.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back