• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Riddle guy getting ready to go out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a punchline just an observation. Usually more aeronautically knowledgable. Rip VanJealous...

Not a punchline just an observation. Usually more aeronautically knowledgable. Rip VanJealous...

What a joke !!!
Most of them have no common sense and "real world" decision making whatsoever. If it's not in the book, they don't know it. Can't think outside the box.
My personal experience after 10 years on the left seat, the best new FOs are the "change of career" guys (and gals), they bring something called prospective...(not in any Riddle book apparently).

Boy it don't take too much to get you guys goin' does it. Ha ha......

What a joke !!!
Most of them have no common sense and "real world" decision making whatsoever. If it's not in the book, they don't know it. Can't think outside the box.
My personal experience after 10 years on the left seat, the best new FOs are the "change of career" guys (and gals), they bring something called prospective...(not in any Riddle book apparently).

I dont think it was in the Riddle book, because you meant Perspective, I think

;)

Bu I know what you mean about flying with people who have no decision making capability or cant thin in the cockpit.

Last time I CFI'd (late 90's) , my boss wouldn't hire riddle guys any more. Now before you say he didn't know what he was talking about or whatever, consider this. He was a D.E. , had owned this school for a long time, flew A-6's (I believe it was A-6's) in the navy. ATP , part 121/135 ops, and about 4 or 5 jet types. His claim to me at the time was that it was based on their lack of an instructional level of knowledge. He also said he didn't much care for their attitudes. I think he may have also been burned by a couple of them on expensive aircraft checkouts.
Now having said that- there was a girl there who was riddle . (hired before his policy change) who he thought very highly of. She's a Mad Dog driver at Allegiant now.

There's too many ways nowadays to get a good level of training anyways for alot less money.

I dont know, he is a friend of a friend. Somewhere between 02-04
I know you, and you're full of it.
He reminds me of a typical SIU grad, but less cocky.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back