Ricci is out at FLOPS!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ricci is out of fltops.

I am a ex-fltops capt and went 121 2 1/2 years ago. I thought the company was a great place to be before 911, I left flight Options with a Class date at Delta. Flight Options, was a good place to retire from if you wanted to fly corporate for the rest of your career. I like Options because the background with the Ceo indicates that he loves his pilots. How,I can say this because the Ceo owner Of Flight Options has Three type ratings one in the Citation, Falcon, Gulfstream series aircraft. He give a weekly message that keep it's employees abreast of the latest rumors
and growth projections.
Ricci first annouced that his instrument company that overhaul instrument for the major aircarriers was up for sale and he sold it for $32million dollars. All along I knew that with the right market conditions that he would cash out and leave flight Option and their employees in disarray with an ancertain future. Flying at
Delta,
I heard that he Aquired Ratheon Travel Air, and I thought it was a fantastic merger until later on that year Options was having money problems and looking for a strong invester like a warren buffet but could not acheive this! Then Ratheon reaquired flight options got rid of the current management.
I think their
goal is to sell aircraft and owners to Executive Jet. Ricci and other top managers will walk away from this deal extemely well off!

As an employee of NetJets with an ear to the wall, I can assure you that we wont end up buying either company. Flex and Travel Air have tried this with us before. History has shown that isn't our game. However we would gladly take on the clients, they'll have to pay the same as our current owners, and hire the pilots over time.

This is pretty much common knowledge. With unlimited money and investing in our own company with no expected return from 10 years after WB purchased us, its essentially an outspending growth plan that will keep NJA on the forefront.

Last edited:
I have to laugh at the fact that so many think FlexJet was for sale. The offer was never made to NJA or Options.

Burn,

im a Cpt at FLOPS, i know lots of your fellow pilots at Nets and i think you guys have a strong company. But i have to ask...do you really think there is a unending amount of money in aviation? WB is a very smart man...he will not lose money forever. Now im not trying to start a war so dont flame me. Alos outspending is not always the smart thing to do....look at the USSR it didnt work for them....I hope for all of us guys/gals that FLOPS,NETS, FLEX all stay strong and grow like mad so we can keep doing what we love to do.....Burn JetA.

Fly safe

Goose

opps i hit the wrong key.....

vixin said:
I have to laugh at the fact that so many think FlexJet was for sale. The offer was never made to NJA or Options.

Thanks for clearing that up Vixin. Flexjet is different than the other Fractionals in that we are owned by Bombardier and only fly what Bombardier produces, and therefore cannot be included in mergers or any other deals that represent other manufacturers.

Last edited:
New CEO

Nahill doesn't seem to have the right backround for such a tremendous challenge. I'm surprised they didn't bring back some of the Ex-Travel Air guys.

AS a NetJets pilot I wish we had a better relationship with Bombardier. It would be nice to fly some of their higher end products. Just my opinion.

BigFlyr said:
Thanks for clearing that up Vixin. Flexjet is different than the other Fractionals in that we are owned by Bombardier and only fly what Bombardier produces, and therefore cannot be included in mergers or any other deals that represent other manufacturers.

Hmmm. Seems like yesterday AMR was paying the bills at Flex Jet and when that went sour I do recall the buzz where FJ was seeking some big money infusions from RTS. Inform yourself and learn about RTS and lears relationship. If you do youll see why NJA will never buy Flexjet. Not flaming here but just pointing out what you might have missed at your Flex indoc.

Its all history. Inform yourself.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back