• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ricci is out at FLOPS!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"According to Mr. Nahill those aircraft that do not have the dispatch reliability will be gotten rid of. In favor of a new and younger fleet."

Since the fleet is not owned by Nahill or Flight Options (it's owned by the fractional share holders) I wonder how he plans to do this? I can see them replacing the fleet over time, but this will be a slow process without an immediate impact on cost or dispatch reliability.

Hey Hawk where did you hear that? Was it in the conference call today? I missed it.

Diesel, do you guys have trouble with dispatch on the X's also at NJA? Are they really that bad of an airplane? I know they had a lot of problems when they first came out with them. Does that old true still?

I'm not in the X but all my friends are. They said when it works it works great. When it's broke it's down for a while. They are working out the bugs but it does break quite a bit. There are enough to cover the trips so i guess that's a good thing.

The VII used to be the mx pig but they say the X is worse.

Still a nice pane though.

Well seeing that all the guys who went to training on the Xs are back on their original equipment this could make sense. We didn't fly them anyway, the Swift guys did.

This company is rife with rumors.
A MX guy at MCC told me the 3 program is going away. Now there is a terrible dispatch reliability product. If the 3 goes the way of the Buffalo I hope they take the program manager with them.
From what owners and sales guys have convade to me, these contracts have easy in and out provisions. Our two top sales guys have gone over to C.S. . Some of the Challengers are going away. Ken Ricci is gone.

I am no expert but things don't look too rosy.

A CIII CAPT..

Its not the X's

I dont think the X's are on the hit list. My guess would be the III's are going away. There old and tired. And the hawkers are constantly covering their trips.

How are they going to back-up the X trips? Gets pretty expensive when you have to back-up mid-sized aircraft with Gulfstreams and Challengers. There are not enough X's available on Charter certificates (also expensive) to provide a reasonable back-up either.

Last edited:
The PM for the IIIs left us a message to say the X guys are coming back into the program, and the X program has been postponed. Not my words, Monties'. Also all the III people who went to the GIV last Aug. are back flying the III. So we are very fat on III pilots.

If you fly a Cessna

product for Flight Options, you better start thinking about which Raytheon product you are either senior enough to fly or might want to fly cause Raytheon don't build citiations.

Latest resources

Back