Retro Cactus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fearless Tower

Driving to work yesterday, I saw an Airbus at the departure end of 27 at KSAN painted in America West's original 1980's scheme (white with the light blue pinstripes). Haven't seen one of those in years.....is this a new retro paint, or an old jet that they pulled out of layup in the desert?

Retro scheme. As it says USAIRWAYS on the fuselage. I dont think the 319 has ever worn that scheme. Also is a PSA and a Piedmont one too. I saw that one in STL a few days ago too (the America West one)

Ah, that's right....now that you mention it, I do remember some talk about them introducing some retro colors like PSA. As far as the A319 in the old colors, I seem to remember some buses in the early 90's in that scheme.

Thanks

So this is where all the money from the $2 waters has been going... Retro paint jobs!!! Wow if they have all this money you'd think they could throw the pilots a bone.

I saw 3 of the retros all parked at the BOS terminal one morning...AWA, PSA and Allegheny. It was cool.

The 'America West' retro version has been around since summer 06.

I flew into PHX a lot that summer and remember doing a double take at it.

The 319's didn't show up until after the Jurrasic Park paint scheme was implemented.

Also FWIW, none of the AWA people cried to Parker that the colors weren't right and it needed a do-over. All of the east retro-jets required re-paints to one degree or another in response to tantrums.

Last edited:
Also FWIW, none of the AWA people cried to Parker that the colors weren't right and it needed a do-over. All of the east retro-jets required re-paints to one degree or another in response to tantrums.

Do you go out of your way to be a tool or are you just like that?

Latest resources

Back