• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Retirement #'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's IF they don't shrink, ala UAL 10,000 to 5,000 pilots.

If we keep CAL scope, I don't see how they can shrink. I don't trust management one bit, but I highly doubt they would run the company in the ground intentionally if we hold on scope. They will have to play the hand they are dealt. The ego to run the largest airline in the world will take precendent over trying to get back at those evil pilots for not agreeing to a contract that allows more outsourcing. Take United work rules in terms of staffing requirements and take CAL scope not allowing any more 70 seaters in the system and not renewing any contracts as they come up, and it would be almost impossible to shrink the seniority lists without just shutting the doors of the airline all together.

If we keep CAL scope, I don't see how they can shrink. I don't trust management one bit, but I highly doubt they would run the company in the ground intentionally if we hold on scope. They will have to play the hand they are dealt. The ego to run the largest airline in the world will take precendent over trying to get back at those evil pilots for not agreeing to a contract that allows more outsourcing. Take United work rules in terms of staffing requirements and take CAL scope not allowing any more 70 seaters in the system and not renewing any contracts as they come up, and it would be almost impossible to shrink the seniority lists without just shutting the doors of the airline all together.

Psst Psst. Time to wake from your dream world. There is no way UAL will end up will CAL scope.

Psst Psst. Time to wake from your dream world. There is no way UAL will end up will CAL scope.

Really...look what it has done to us at UAL. We are going to put an end to the 18 year olds flying all our domestic routes. You french fry face boys had better go get a new job somewhere at home depot because the furloughs will be coming your way in the near future. IF UAL/CAL ALPA holds firm from scope to pay to work rules we will be almost 1000 pilots short...that's a fact. If they don't hold the line...kill the airline and this job. F the RJS forever.

Really...look what it has done to us at UAL. We are going to put an end to the 18 year olds flying all our domestic routes. You french fry face boys had better go get a new job somewhere at home depot because the furloughs will be coming your way in the near future. IF UAL/CAL ALPA holds firm from scope to pay to work rules we will be almost 1000 pilots short...that's a fact. If they don't hold the line...kill the airline and this job. F the RJS forever.

First off your have to be at least 21 to get hired at the regional. Secondly I didn't vote for this in the first place--you and your coworkers did. The majority of regional pilots would say anything with a jet engine should be flown by mainline. Most would be ok with stapling to the bottom of a mainline (well at least those with less than 10 years seniority). Bottom line is most of us are trying like hell to get out of here, but while we're here we're going to operate as safe and professional as possible. Don't blame us for your own stupidity from years ago.

Bet you feel really smart now for the decisions you made in the past. :)

any body have #'s like this for Usairways?

I'm guessing United won't have 263 retire in the last few weeks of 2012

I agree, there is no possible way the 2012 number for United retirees is accurate, at least not due to age 65. The mandatory retirements for age 65 will kick in during December 2012.

The statistic listed would be saying that there are 263 pilots that have December birthdays that just happen to be turning 65 in 2012.

I think a row might be missing, and who knows how accurate any of these numbers is.

No dog in this fight anymore.... But what would you suppose Companies like SkyWest with a billion dollars in the bank would do if UAL did not renew their contracts? Roll over and die or something else? Not flaming just genuinely curious. How realistic is it that the regionals are going away?

Latest resources

Back