Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abernathy

Truthiness
The word going around is up to 1,000 pilots at each of a few carriers. Wondering how accurate this number is... Any clues?

That was a quick response. Almost too quick. No idea my guess is some people have had enough, have medical problems, or are being offered incentives..

Anyone over age 60 that's still flying has either bills or are unable to see themselves breathing without epaulets on. Either way we're not getting any of them to retire until they have to.

Anyone over age 60 that's still flying has either bills or are unable to see themselves breathing without epaulets on. Either way we're not getting any of them to retire until they have to.

+1....I fly with alot of over age 60 guys, and I have come to the conclusion after talking with many of them that they would die in the seat before they retire. To top it off, some are multi-millionaires by my estimate. Oh well, that's the way it is.

Well, if you are super-senior getting weekends off, holidays off, vacation every other month, and have a big sick time bank things might not be so bad.

They shouldn't be there to begin with. Its the primary reason why I don't wear an ALPA pin.

Latest resources

Back